Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut out a few more diaphragms. Tried to cut some gaskets and am failing so far. It's fel-pro 1/32 rubber-fiber gasket. I haven't successfully cut through yet and have had issues with it's thickness. Trying to think of alternate types that may work better and are easier to cut. This is just what I had and is good for gasoline exposure.

I may look into a deep cut blade. It's not necessarily hard to cut but it's thick so it's having a hard time making it more than half way through. I can increase the downward pressure of the cut and that normally helps but in this case it's causing the material to drag and messing up the cut.

not new, but might like 038m or s.
rubber mounts n torque.

Ah ok so the older frame stuff isn't so wobbly then. They both had 28s on and just yeah flopped around heaps. They were farmers saws and haven't done bigger all work there was a 381 sitting there too but never picked it up.

I'm with Todd it's not about speed for me it still needs to cut well ofcourse but yeah I cut for enjoyment the firewood is a by product lol

The other thing is a hi rpm saw like that 441 it had nothing down low and in dodgy situations where ya just need to baby it through to avoid a nasty kick you know is coming or avoiding a fence or the dirt it just wouldn't it needed to be singing to drag the chain through.

Is the 661 the same?

I didn't cut with it and I know it's a step down from those but my 3700 performed quite well against an MS311. His definitely had the upper hand on chain speed but I wouldn't say it cut considerably bit faster or anything.

My step brother has a 311 and yeah your 3700 will probably out cut it dam neer I know my 4000 has a fair bit more pull than the 311 and a nicer power band also. plus nicer to touch/look at/repair the 311 isn't exactly light eather.

Here's a vid of the 4000 with a 311 in the background

Ok guys I swapped a 2175 for the skillsaw 1624. It runs but won't idle.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Ok guys I swapped a 2175 for the skillsaw 1624. It runs but won't idle.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Set low n hi screws at like I duno 1 and a quarter out I spose and keep it running while you wind up the idle until it stays alive then jump on the low screw go out untle it starts bogging down. Stop there remember where it was then go back in untle it starts sounding thin and idling up. Remember that spot then go back half way between. Now you can drop the idle a bit. Now it's hi time give it a full throttle blast if it screams to the moon wind out the hi untle it coffs a bit like a rev limiter. Orr maybe it's too rich and coffs way too much at full squirt so wind it in till it screams and go back a bit.

See how ya go anyway

Ah ok so the older frame stuff isn't so wobbly then. They both had 28s on and just yeah flopped around heaps. They were farmers saws and haven't done bigger all work there was a 381 sitting there too but never picked it up.

I'm with Todd it's not about speed for me it still needs to cut well ofcourse but yeah I cut for enjoyment the firewood is a by product lol

The other thing is a hi rpm saw like that 441 it had nothing down low and in dodgy situations where ya just need to baby it through to avoid a nasty kick you know is coming or avoiding a fence or the dirt it just wouldn't it needed to be singing to drag the chain through.

Is the 661 the same?

My step brother has a 311 and yeah your 3700 will probably out cut it dam neer I know my 4000 has a fair bit more pull than the 311 and a nicer power band also. plus nicer to touch/look at/repair the 311 isn't exactly light eather.

Here's a vid of the 4000 with a 311 in the background

Looks like your step brother needs to sharpen his chain

Jethro, I was reading some other posts and I didn't know how sick you have been of late going from a few to over a dozen saws, I think we told you not to hang out on the AS site and that it would be hard on the wallet. So what are the last few saws that you found

Yes yes very sick has got me by the balls real good.

Here's my latest a Mac 2-10 from 1965 or so20190809_142341.jpg
Umm so that's 6 runner Mac 10 series saws (converting the 2-10 to sdc) a Mac 610 plus a few parts Macs also a couple of boxes of wee little yellow saws that I've stashed umm my 1 lonely poulan aww a echo 500vl that started it all and a little echo 315.

It is rather hard on the wallet even trying to keep up with chains on them all.
Still short on poulans they don't seem to plentiful in my area the man next door has a micro and that reminds me it needs another tune up possibly a carb kit or more (he won't part with it). Up in the next town the bosses BIL has a micro under a bench I'll try hustle that next time I see him.

The next money pit I have running again is this 20190824_125533.jpg 20190824_125509.jpg 20190824_125748.jpg20190824_125540.jpg 3 year old loves it too
20190824_093905.jpg

Edit.. forgot to mention its nice hanging out here poor in cash but rich in wisdom and others benefit too. My grandfather has wood stacked in every place he can now thanks to the good chaps of AS

I like the truck, that looks like a blast to run the backyard roads

It's a pretty cool toy it goes anywhere you can walk winch and all. I will be building a saw for the back of it next. Am thinking wood and carve out 1 or 2 the decals will be tricky

And a axe for my box 20190824_125611.jpg
Firewood makes nice rock crawling courses 20190707_102756.jpg

Latest posts

Back