Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol he called again and said make my sthil cut like this.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

What sorta stihl does he have? Cracks me up when ever a stihl guy is asked what saw he has it's always in a deeper voice... I've gotta STHIL.. aww yeah true what sort of stihl? "Ummm ahhh not sure but it's a Sthil.. then you find it's a ms250 lol and yet they tease us about our old junk saws

OK, went to the auction and brought home the big White saw in the add. $45 well spent. 82CC’s of gear drive on a 31” bar. Poulan Super 68. I think this maybe be the heaviest one man saw I have. I might have been hot and tired, but, I had a hard time lifting it over the side of the truck. Pics tomorrow. Only bummer, no chain, and it’s 1/2”. Maybe if I get lucky I can convert it to 404.

What sorta stihl does he have? Cracks me up when ever a stihl guy is asked what saw he has it's always in a deeper voice... I've gotta STHIL.. aww yeah true what sort of stihl? "Ummm ahhh not sure but it's a Sthil.. then you find it's a ms250 lol and yet they tease us about our old junk saws
A ms290 farm boss

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Not bad but not great. The 3700 will def out cut that. The thing is for an average homeowner that's plenty. Most people I know a 40cc saw is enough. Maybe on the high end a 50cc for some work. I didn't even own a saw until I moved to my current house.

The year or so before I got on here I went and got a ms- 251 Farm Boss with a 18 bar. It is a ok saw other than I had to get a new carb for it. Was not able to tune it for 6800 feet and I was going to take the adjustment stops off and wanted a new one if it didn't work. I was not so smart back then, got it off flebay 28.00
I didn't know that my old 3400 was bigger, it hadn't run in 15 years, needed fuel line

OK, went to the auction and brought home the big White saw in the add. $45 well spent. 82CC’s of gear drive on a 31” bar. Poulan Super 68. I think this maybe be the heaviest one man saw I have. I might have been hot and tired, but, I had a hard time lifting it over the side of the truck. Pics tomorrow. Only bummer, no chain, and it’s 1/2”. Maybe if I get lucky I can convert it to 404.

I had to look that thing up but far out what an interesting old saw it certainly looks heavy.

The year or so before I got on here I went and got a ms- 251 Farm Boss with a 18 bar. It is a ok saw other than I had to get a new carb for it. Was not able to tune it for 6800 feet and I was going to take the adjustment stops off and wanted a new one if it didn't work. I was not so smart back then, got it off flebay 28.00
I didn't know that my old 3400 was bigger, it hadn't run in 15 years, needed fuel line

Do ya ever run it now that you have all those lovely green machine's to choose from?

My first saw was a craftsman 2.3av aka Poulan 2300av, still have. But I always hated to cut with dad cause his Homelite super xl12 bow saw could out cut me all day long. Then in the late 80's I got a craftsman 2.8, aka Poulan 2800. Then I could keep up with him. Then I found arborsite some years ago and started chatting with a military doctor in Hawaii about the craftsman 2.3av. I went from two saws to more than I can count with all my fingers. What's bad is I've got saws I could be fixing up but I can't stop keeping my eyes on the look out for a good Poulan real cheap on CL. Need to look at on old Homelite bow saw that's sitting in the hay barn, along with three other saws to see what's wrong with them. Son inlaw picked them up with intentions on getting them going but dropped the ball when he picked up a low use Homelite XLA. I had it going after he ordered all the parts it needed for ME to get it going. He likes the sound it has over his husky 51 that I installed a 55 top end on. Wanted me to put a bow on it but I talked him out of that. Told him the saw is in excellent shape and I wouldn't molest a real nice saw like that. The bar looks real nice and shiny with the red Homelite script on it. Sorry for such a long story.

Steve Sidwell

The 475 is actually a Jonsered made saw. Identical to the 2077, if I recall correctly. Next saw up would be the PP 505, similar to the Jonsered 2088.
I bought a Poulan Pro 505 a few years ago and absolutely love it. Mine is the early non EPA one with the big bore. Here it is when I got it.poulanpro505 001.JPG poulanpro505 002.JPG poulanpro505 003.JPG

Back