Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come I find so many little saws with junk piston and cylinders.

Do not forget as the EPA regulations became tighter and tighter on pollution from the saws, the manufactures also started tuning them to the lean side to meet those regulations among other things like strato designed cylinders and intakes and also catalytic convertors.
I have tried modifying now several different cylinders with the strato design with little success.
I have a Poulan 5020 that I ruined the cylinder on and bought another new cylinder and will try again one of these days.

Do not forget as the EPA regulations became tighter and tighter on pollution from the saws, the manufactures also started tuning them to the lean side to meet those regulations among other things like strato designed cylinders and intakes and also catalytic convertors.
I have tried modifying now several different cylinders with the strato design with little success.
I have a Poulan 5020 that I ruined the cylinder on and bought another new cylinder and will try again one of these days.

I was wondering about porting them. I have a non av pro 42cc and a wild thing both need cylinders. I was going to part one. And I got a jug and piston from ebay for the other I was going to try rebuild

I was wondering about porting them. I have a non av pro 42cc and a wild thing both need cylinders. I was going to part one. And I got a jug and piston from ebay for the other I was going to try rebuild

Take a look at the piston and cylinders for the strato and maybe you could up with something. I did a Wild thing about 3 years and bought a used piston and cylinder from ebay. The saw ran good and traded it for a Poulan 3400.

Take a look at the piston and cylinders for the strato and maybe you could up with something. I did a Wild thing about 3 years and bought a used piston and cylinder from ebay. The saw ran good and traded it for a Poulan 3400.
I had both a non strato 2375 WildThing and a strato Wildthing 4018. Give me the 2375. Only strato saw I haven't had issues with is my MS441.

I checked and I have a red craftsman and black rear handle. I do have a green handle but it’s in two halves without any screws or inner workings. I believe I stripped it and repainted it a Year or so ago. I can get a pic of it if you want to put it together.

Hey Bob,
I’ll take you up on the green stripped & repainted handles. I can just transfer all these parts over. I don’t think this weld repair is going to last long, now that I can see cracks in it...

It uses the later style hex crossrod type, a P4000 saw, if that changes anything.

I’ll PM you tomorrow, or the day after Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Bob,
I’ll take you up on the green stripped & repainted handles. I can just transfer all these parts over. I don’t think this weld repair is going to last long, now that I can see cracks in it...

It uses the later style hex crossrod type, a P4000 saw, if that changes anything.

I’ll PM you tomorrow, or the day after Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving!
you got it

Latest posts

Back