Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok few questions I recently picked up a couple of 3314 strato saws I have compression checked them. 2 were at 150 1 was 140. All were said to run but all need fuel lines and a good cleaning. What's the best way to pressure/ vac test them and do a pop off test on the carb? Also what's the best way to clean sawdust and oil off of saws there dirty

Ok few questions I recently picked up a couple of 3314 strato saws I have compression checked them. 2 were at 150 1 was 140. All were said to run but all need fuel lines and a good cleaning. What's the best way to pressure/ vac test them and do a pop off test on the carb? Also what's the best way to clean sawdust and oil off of saws there dirty
You have to block off the muffler and carb from the saw body. I use a piece of inner tube and slip it between the muffler and exhaust port and the carb and intake manifold. I normally pressure test from the sparkplug hole if if you don't have an adaptor you can use the impulse line. I've never done a popoff test as I don't feel its necessary or what it proves. You can pressure test the carb but your better off simply rebuilding it. The preesure test will tell you if the carb leaks but not the condition if the diaphragms. I use compressed air to clean most of the crud and a tooth brush after spraying the parts with purple power and water.

Back