Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a crankshaft with a stroke of 39.7 and it fit in and the flywheel bolted on in the correct place, all I had to do was bore out the bearing holes from. 875 to .9055 ,23mm, and install new needle bearings. Used the same thrust washer and got new seals. Didn't have to make the crankshaft, lots of work doing that and the rod hooked up to the piston. Easy easy. Bore 56mm. You can get a 58mm cylinder for 105cc

Wow now I know where to send my next 3400 build for a 98cc saw. Some impressive work there Todd and if you decline I will keep using the like button too.

It's a lot of work but for a great guy like you I'd do it when I get some free time. Call me at BR549

Well in that case maybe we could trade a little mag welding for some fancy chainsaw work. I think I might be able to dig up another piece of AZ92a mag rod.

Really I would like to see that 3400 with a 32" bar cutting through a big ole piece of Oak.
You can call me at BS86.

What causes excessive carbon buildup to the point of scoring. I have 3 42cc 18" bar strato saws all 3 a scored with a ton of carbon buildup

I been ask so I'll show what I do to update the poulan 415 and 475 to the newer updated tanks and air filter set ups I like of the two.

425 445 505 used these updated set ups plus some other updates. I use the coil spring AV on upper and lower if I have them on hand over the rubber av.
Being no air injection on these I open the side tank hole up air.
Air filter cover has to be gutted so the new style air filter fits inside the cover.

Was ask over on chainsaw repair group facebook

This one is spoke for right now through Jan. Just going to hold it till after the crazy shipping season.
That way new owner may change his mind by then too. ;)

p415bccccccc.jpg p415bccccccccc.jpg p415bcccc.jpg p415bcccccc.jpg p415bccccc.jpg p415bccc.jpg p415bcc.jpg p415bc.jpg

Back