Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's nice to see you Mark. I don't check out the Poulans much, I only have two. A Sears badged 25, and a barn find Super 68. I got the Super 68 at a farm auction for $40. Got it home and it started, idled, and revved great. I stopped in an old Stihl dealer in WV and he cut me a 31" loop of 1/2 for $30. I figured you would appreciate this one.

Hi Joe. Nice Super 68. Nice deal on a chain. Those 31" bars are not real common.

Get you a new cover, no need in trying to patch up those. I've never broken one and nor has dad. If everything is lined up before tightening and you don't go two fisting on tightening the cover, they should last a long time.

Steve Sidwell

I j b welded one on a 3700 and it held till last week when I didn't have the bar hole lined up and it didn't take much pressure on the bolts before it broke again. Not worth the effort to fix when you can get a flebay buy it now. Now if you are careful with them they do hold together.

Twenty years ago we could have had 3000 FPS fix it, even he thinks it's not worth his time and I agree . My opinion only

I j b welded one on a 3700 and it held till last week when I didn't have the bar hole lined up and it didn't take much pressure on the bolts before it broke again. Not worth the effort to fix when you can get a flebay buy it now. Now if you are careful with them they do hold together.

Twenty years ago we could have had 3000 FPS fix it, even he thinks it's not worth his time and I agree . My opinion only

Well it was not quite 20 years ago and I still have my Tig welder and I still have my Mag rod. I just have not done any in awhile and I did get picky about who I was going to weld for. I never charged for any of the repairs I did. I loved seeing people take some of the old saws and make them look like new again.

Well it was not quite 20 years ago and I still have my Tig welder and I still have my Mag rod. I just have not done any in awhile and I did get picky about who I was going to weld for. I never charged for any of the repairs I did. I loved seeing people take some of the old saws and make them look like new again.
Did a green handle bracket for me. Thanks much

Saving that TA saw that someone had cut case up to put a bow on it was unreal too. Looked like new once you welded it and finished it.

I think I will be needing one also. My hands just won't work like they used to for doing it by hand. Those damn weedeaters and such is where that thing will really shine.

Roger that!

What’s getting even harder is replacing the rubber tube covering on the Poulan saw top handles.

With the air compressor & a tubing adapter blowing 10-15# & soapy water for lube, it now takes me 2-3 “sessions” to get around to the
second 90 degree bend, when I used to do it in one go round a few years ago!

I got 1 NOS kit I found in a bin.

I have sold all the 60cc stuff as I got out of those and moved to the smaller 3.3 335's for my small saws. Just in case wanting to set one back.

Pulled a NLA intake boot for a guy in the CR group too. You should recognize the series for this boot Roger.
I even sent a NOS one to a IN dealer for a customers saw. Guess I need to check my stock to see I have at least one extra for each saw I am still running in that series.

Plus a PP415 with updated tank set up going for a ride.

Also a updated tank set up ready to go with a handle for a guy to get a saw that has been setting 10 years after a tree smashed them. Saw runs just couldnt find parts. ;)

p60p.jpg p60ppp.jpg p60pp.jpg jbootttt.jpg jboottt.jpg jboott.jpg jboot.jpg boxes.jpg

Back