Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
73f last Wednesday caught 10 after lunch . I like fishing in the cold but I’m going to miss these 70 degree days . View attachment 790389

Thanks you for giving me hope for warmer weather to come. Keep up the pics.

Dad has the bass boat I keep a fishing toon on the lake.

Mainly crappie fishing but hit the bass, gill, musky too. Crazy when hit the crappie and reel one in every cast. Catch like 50-60 at a time for fun. Only keep bigger if hungry for some fish.

boat5555.jpg boat5199.jpg boat5.jpg

Must be nice dragging them in snow as apposed to dirtying up the logs. 5 cuts and sharpen gets real old fast

It sure is Jethro! My wife and I have 19 acres of woods here that our home is on. There is a small swamp in the middle of the back half, Above the swamp is vary steep side hill, working on it isn't for the faint of heart. It has been 10 or more years since the ground, snow and temperature have been right to allow me to be able to harvest trees on the upper side without skidding threw mud. I am bring out Beech today that desperately needs harvesting before it gets any worse. Right after we got the snow again I drove threw my log roads to pack it down and let the cold freeze them up for better skidding. Where I cross the narrow end of the swamp has even froze up now so that neither tractor or stick behind it breaks threw.

The sticks in the pile are on 2 hemlock runners 20' long. I believe there is 2 years of firewood in the pile now, but conditions are right to skid and I can get to the steepest parts so the pile will keep growing.

The creek that comes out of our swamp is on the maps as Susquehanna creek, that feeds into Shadow Brook that dumps into Otsego Lake. Otsego lake is considered the mouth of the Susquehanna River , but I see my little swamp as the true mouth.

Ken

It sure is Jethro! My wife and I have 19 acres of woods here that our home is on. There is a small swamp in the middle of the back half, Above the swamp is vary steep side hill, working on it isn't for the faint of heart. It has been 10 or more years since the ground, snow and temperature have been right to allow me to be able to harvest trees on the upper side without skidding threw mud. I am bring out Beech today that desperately needs harvesting before it gets any worse. Right after we got the snow again I drove threw my log roads to pack it down and let the cold freeze them up for better skidding. Where I cross the narrow end of the swamp has even froze up now so that neither tractor or stick behind it breaks threw.

The sticks in the pile are on 2 hemlock runners 20' long. I believe there is 2 years of firewood in the pile now, but conditions are right to skid and I can get to the steepest parts so the pile will keep growing.

The creek that comes out of our swamp is on the maps as Susquehanna creek, that feeds into Shadow Brook that dumps into Otsego Lake. Otsego lake is considered the mouth of the Susquehanna River , but I see my little swamp as the true mouth.

Ken

Man you are living the dream mate well and truly. I enjoyed reading that. Nice old John too

Ran the 4000 again today and put a tank of fuel thru it. I pulled the muffler cover and it looks like it was brand new. Was happy with the little red barn piston. I'm using truefuel in the green can. I let Chris in on the progress and he was excited also. On the dino I was pumping 100 psi at 8000 rpm and that is good. It is getting stronger as more time goes on

Ran the 4000 again today and put a tank of fuel thru it. I pulled the muffler cover and it looks like it was brand new. Was happy with the little red barn piston. I'm using truefuel in the green can. I let Chris in on the progress and he was excited also. On the dino I was pumping 100 psi at 8000 rpm and that is good. It is getting stronger as more time goes on

Yep, definitely excited to hear more about the results.

Also glad to hear that everything is holding up well. Those LRB pistons are OK, but I have a feeling "The Duke's" one we're having produced will be a little more refined.

@Todd Loosli , I'm dying for a video :picture::picture::picture::picture::):):picture::picture::picture:

Yep, definitely excited to hear more about the results.

Also glad to hear that everything is holding up well. Those LRB pistons are OK, but I have a feeling "The Duke's" one we're having produced will be a little more refined.

@Todd Loosli , I'm dying for a video :picture::picture::picture::picture::):):picture::picture::picture:
I'm not a fan of LRB pistons, especially the 3400.

Latest posts

Back