Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dull yellowish Poulan with grey starter cover had broken muff bolts. They came out with some Mig persuasion. That saw runs incredible, actually all of them are surprisingly well runners. The chain pitch and sprocket look different than what I'm used to seeing...the chain looks almost toy like its so small. Its got a different switch setup than most I have and seen...its orange plastic that slides for on/off rather than the toggle switch.

Attachments

• poulan sda broken muff bolts.jpg
    poulan sda broken muff bolts.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
  • poulan sda broken muff first bolt out.jpg
    poulan sda broken muff first bolt out.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
  • poulan sda broken muff bolts out.jpg
    poulan sda broken muff bolts out.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 13
Going to sell off some of my OEM bigger, smaller poulan stuff to see if I can piece together a kart to give this dirt racing a go myself. Figure if I am going to races to be in pits with son. Mise well put something together to learn even more on.

Most folks into the poulans know what I have in NOS left and used parts. Sell some full wraps off saws too. Plus whole saws in 505 445 etc and some cylinders in 445 415 425 and could pull a 505 cylinder if really needed. Just PM me your interest.

Stock appearing kart my son is learning on this year. Dyno'ed at 17hp from a 6.5hp when stock

kartjdd.jpg
kartjdddd.jpg

Someone is parting parting out a red craftsman 3.7 on the bay. $69.00 plus shipping. Looks like a thin ring but hard to tell on my phone.
fbc68d2aa162777e8050c22a9a7cfa13.jpg
4618ef2b15853b30ca6c54f7d40150c0.jpg
395149fc84503ac0d0ae02da990080a6.jpg
58322894aab03ee19ad84b7ec293234d.jpg
35b94f4c1198954219079581618e5bc3.jpg
3cc907ae3a4fc203b21460e71496a468.jpg

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Good deal!
That shows to be a thin ring 3700.
Got the last piece I needed in the mail today, so hoping to start tearing in to the Poulan this weekend.
Hoping I can get it up and running as I dont think the wife will let me sink any more money in to something I'll be lucky to use twice a year. Miss the sound of that saw. May do a little exhaust work while I have it apart. Just talking about it is giving me the hebe gebe's.

Was surprised to see someone large parts,parting out one. Most of the time they are stripped down.

Yup, got pretty lucky on that one.
Not a saw collector since I dont cut often, but been wanting to get that 3700 running again just to remember the sound and bring back some good memories of being up to camp, in the woods with my grandfsther. I have no interest in any of the Poulans made after the 80's. Had a Wild thing when they 1st came out and not even 10 tanks of gas thru it before the crank seals went. Saw wasnt putting much money in since they were fairly cheap.

got small pp yesterday.
looks same as 2800, but yellow/black. or 285, 305.
48mm thin rings. adjustable oiler.
any ideas? not much fer bore measures on acres.

Your bore measurement dont go with those. 46.5mm is a thin ring 335 with narrow af cover like ones mentioned. Then you jump up to 49mm thick ring

Probably a wild thing.
If it has the purple starter, unless it's been changed. I just got my wild thing back after a year at my youngest daughter's house. Cord hanging out and would not pull. My dreaded fear was it got straight gassed. Pulled the covers off and checked the starter, will need a new rope. Got to turn the motor over, no go. Go a wrench on the flywheel and got it freed up. Turned over nicely with no binding. Pulled muff and saw no piston or cylinder damage. Noticed a screw missing from the starter pulley that held the rope. Pulled the flywheel and there it was behind it. Assembled the saw and she fired right up. Boy was a glad, it was a freebie ages ago but it's been a darn good saw.

Probably a wild thing.
If it has the purple starter, unless it's been changed. I just got my wild thing back after a year at my youngest daughter's house. Cord hanging out and would not pull. My dreaded fear was it got straight gassed. Pulled the covers off and checked the starter, will need a new rope. Got to turn the motor over, no go. Got a wrench on the flywheel and got it freed up. Turned over nicely with no binding. Pulled muff and saw no piston or cylinder damage. Noticed a screw missing from the starter pulley that held the rope. Pulled the flywheel and there it was behind it. Assembled the saw and she fired right up. Boy was a glad, it was a freebie ages ago but it's been a darn good saw.

I remembered the little mag cased poulan 2800 46cc I had my son pick up weeks ago this trip.
See why av felt weird. Also broken off impulse line might be the cause for the little bit of scuffing started. Their a bare bore , chrome piston. Can use 46cc 49cc 54cc on them.

Sat race. Different track different rules. Had to pull nose so pulled sides too. Would have caught air.

p2800x.jpgp2800xx.jpgp2800xxx.jpgp2800xxxx.jpgp2800xxxxx.jpgp2800xxxxxx.jpgkartbodyoff.jpgkartstage.jpeg

Picked up a saw and some saw related goodies yesterday. Not sure why this one was spray bombed a slightly darker red. Tried a couple things to see if it come off easily. It had wrinkled off in certain areas and was thinking good old fashion gas would do the same to the rest. No dice. Any suggestions? Complete aside from a recoil housing fastener. Healthy top end. Think I might have been the first guy into the carb by the looks of the cotter pin and fasteners.

Craftsman 3.6 - 306A (3).JPGCraftsman 3.6 - 306A (4).JPG

Latest posts

Back