Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve was helping me in chainsaw repair group FB yesterday to understand this rotary carb on new poulan dropped off. First I seen on poulan.

I have only seen this on echo and redmax husky stuff before though.

Guy said less then year old.
p26.jpgp26z.jpgp26zz.jpg

Could be a air leak somewhere. I would keep a close watch on it if you decide to use it.
What's the plug brand and number?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Napa or other auto parts store should have a plug for it.
What was in it I dont remember other then it was some weird champion plug I'd never seen before. Right now it has a used CJ8Y plug. I picked up the only new CJ8Y plug I could find, just havent put it in yet.
I dont plan to use it much maybe a cord a year just to keep it in running condition. My Echo is my main saw. Havent done a vacuum test yet as I'm still waiting on a couple of pieces I need.
Looks like the 3700 will live on thanks to help from you guys.

Looked at the craftsman I bought and thought you guy might get a kick out of what I found. Let's see who can pick it out

Attachments

• 20200607_134444.jpg
    20200607_134444.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
Here's a followup pic to a couple pages back of some saws I posted. I haven't seen an on/off switch like this on these saws before.

Attachments

• poulan dull yellow.jpg
    poulan dull yellow.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 15
  • poulan dull yellow2.jpg
    poulan dull yellow2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 15
Both FULL wraps and dawgs etc SOLD.

Green 505 SOLD too.

Should slow up the pm's some. Thanks for interest.

Probably going to set that 445 in pic with right 445 covers and put half wrap on it and sell it next. Just trimming down the herd.

p445fff.jpg

Aside from the limp pull cord, smashed fuel line
Yep, mashed fuel line and I don't see the choke linkage.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Tried blowing thru fuel line and my eyes damn near popped out of their socket. No way that carb was getting fuel. Good thing the kid didnt notice or he may have never sold it.

They are both pretty clean, but one is super clean, the other turbo clean :laugh:.
Glad to see them go to a good home, hope you have fun with them.
Thanks again.

That 4620 is too nice to part out so I may just MM/TA as is.

Provided the 255 is repairable, I’ll scrounge up a chain brake and give it to a friend.

I was test cutting with 4218 with new owner showing how to's. I'm talking just small 10" dry ash. I forgot how slow going it was with the small saws with semi and safety chain.

Guy bought 2 saws. One for him and one for girl friend. Both small saws. But said they got the blown down trees done and reported back the good news.

Next time he needs a chain I am going to try and get him to go 3/8LP full chisel.

p4218yelgreen.jpeg

Back