Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless someone had a painted 2300 Chainbrake but needed a Mastercraft chainbrake and wanted to trade me, I'm going turn this yellow chainbrake into a lime green one....2300 chainbrake.jpeg2300 chainbrake1.jpeg2300 chainbrake2.jpeg

Finally got my 3000 squared away thanks to a new tank from Kevin. Nice little saw.
View attachment 970630
Nice, I have one but still need the starter to get it going. I bought 2 in the US and Kensie is holding them for me, but postage is criminal to Australia at the moment. WAAAA!!

I bet. It's bad enough just shipping to here.
Is Kensie going to port them for you?
No, he just has 2 starter covers for me, the saw is here. He said he would help me out, but he got a quote to ship and it was over $75 US which is over $100AU. I could buy another saw for that. He said he could hang on to them until the world stops being crazy.

I got the parts I needed for the 3400 from Buford Parrish on Sat.Yesterday I put them in the saw - air filter gasket,outer bar plate,& tensioner screw.Someone had put the wrong tensioner screw in the clutch cover & it might've gotten bent because of that.Some people can be so damn cheap,for a lousy $3 for the screw they opted to use something from a Husky saw they most likely had just laying around.I can understand using something in a pinch to get by,but when I got the chance I put the correct part in.
It was nice & warm yesterday & I forgot to take pics.

I got the parts I needed for the 3400 from Buford Parrish on Sat.Yesterday I put them in the saw - air filter gasket,outer bar plate,& tensioner screw.Someone had put the wrong tensioner screw in the clutch cover & it might've gotten bent because of that.Some people can be so damn cheap,for a lousy $3 for the screw they opted to use something from a Husky saw they most likely had just laying around.I can understand using something in a pinch to get by,but when I got the chance I put the correct part in.
It was nice & warm yesterday & I forgot to take pics.
I really enjoy cutting firewood with my 3400s Ed . They are a very capable saw for just farting around cutting up firewood.

I really enjoy cutting firewood with my 3400s Ed . They are a very capable saw for just farting around cutting up firewood.
I never really had too much use for Poulan saws till I found out the older ones were some good saws.I've got a 245A,306A (2) & the 3400.The 245 is a really nice saw.I haven't had a chance yet to try out either 306,or the 3400,but I'm looking forward to it!

I never really had too much use for Poulan saws till I found out the older ones were some good saws.I've got a 245A,306A (2) & the 3400.The 245 is a really nice saw.I haven't had a chance yet to try out either 306,or the 3400,but I'm looking forward to it!
Im gonna be totally honest Ed , they really need some kind of muffler mod too. Either a couple of fins on the side or what I like is an outlet hidden under the front heat shield. They were difficult to even tune in the cut for me ,just chokes the poor thing.

Back