Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ijpom

ijpom

Dude, where's my saw?
datman

datman

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Finally got my 3000 squared away thanks to a new tank from Kevin. Nice little saw.
View attachment 970630
Nice, I have one but still need the starter to get it going. I bought 2 in the US and Kensie is holding them for me, but postage is criminal to Australia at the moment. WAAAA!!

datman

datman

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
I bet. It's bad enough just shipping to here.
Is Kensie going to port them for you?
No, he just has 2 starter covers for me, the saw is here. He said he would help me out, but he got a quote to ship and it was over $75 US which is over $100AU. I could buy another saw for that. He said he could hang on to them until the world stops being crazy.

edju1958

edju1958

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I got the parts I needed for the 3400 from Buford Parrish on Sat.Yesterday I put them in the saw - air filter gasket,outer bar plate,& tensioner screw.Someone had put the wrong tensioner screw in the clutch cover & it might've gotten bent because of that.Some people can be so damn cheap,for a lousy $3 for the screw they opted to use something from a Husky saw they most likely had just laying around.I can understand using something in a pinch to get by,but when I got the chance I put the correct part in.
It was nice & warm yesterday & I forgot to take pics.

Maintenance supervisor

Maintenance supervisor

Every 100yrs, All new people...
. AS Supporting Member.
I got the parts I needed for the 3400 from Buford Parrish on Sat.Yesterday I put them in the saw - air filter gasket,outer bar plate,& tensioner screw.Someone had put the wrong tensioner screw in the clutch cover & it might've gotten bent because of that.Some people can be so damn cheap,for a lousy $3 for the screw they opted to use something from a Husky saw they most likely had just laying around.I can understand using something in a pinch to get by,but when I got the chance I put the correct part in.
It was nice & warm yesterday & I forgot to take pics.
I really enjoy cutting firewood with my 3400s Ed . They are a very capable saw for just farting around cutting up firewood.

edju1958

edju1958

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I really enjoy cutting firewood with my 3400s Ed . They are a very capable saw for just farting around cutting up firewood.
I never really had too much use for Poulan saws till I found out the older ones were some good saws.I've got a 245A,306A (2) & the 3400.The 245 is a really nice saw.I haven't had a chance yet to try out either 306,or the 3400,but I'm looking forward to it!

Maintenance supervisor

Maintenance supervisor

Every 100yrs, All new people...
. AS Supporting Member.
I never really had too much use for Poulan saws till I found out the older ones were some good saws.I've got a 245A,306A (2) & the 3400.The 245 is a really nice saw.I haven't had a chance yet to try out either 306,or the 3400,but I'm looking forward to it!
Im gonna be totally honest Ed , they really need some kind of muffler mod too. Either a couple of fins on the side or what I like is an outlet hidden under the front heat shield. They were difficult to even tune in the cut for me ,just chokes the poor thing.

RedneckChainsawRepair