Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a million. !!!!
Let me see if this one goes in.
The part where the linkage goes through looks right and the diameter looks right. I used the saw again today so I will be blowing it out and stuff in the next day or so. I will check it out then.
Either way I'll be glad to get ma address to ya!

Bob only way to Tell is remove the 2 bolts on the muffler and take the front off. Take a soft piece of wood like a popsicle stick and stick it in the exhaust port and very gentle bump it with the piston so it will leave a mark that you can measure the diameter of the piston 1.875 will be a 3700 and very thin rings. About.023 thick. The thick ring 3800 has the same diameter but the ring will be about. .100 thick
Half the thickness of a dime verses the thickness of a nickel.

Bob only way to Tell is remove the 2 bolts on the muffler and take the front off. Take a soft piece of wood like a popsicle stick and stick it in the exhaust port and very gentle bump it with the piston so it will leave a mark that you can measure the diameter of the piston 1.875 will be a 3700 and very thin rings. About.023 thick. The thick ring 3800 has the same diameter but the ring will be about. .100 thick
Half the thickness of a dime verses the thickness of a nickel.
Thank you sir. Makes one wander why such subtle differences. Maybe they found one to not work so well and made a change.
I still have two 3400's ( I believe) one I'm using after some plastic welding on the tank, the other I haven't messed with yet. Was backfiring when I got it.

Bore is 1.813 x 1.340 for 3400
1.875 for 3700
1.880 for 3800
1.937 for 4000 stroke is the same for all 34mm
Todd is this all off the cuff?

Do you ever run your crazy mean hot rod husky cylinder green saws? I still think a kit would be cool for the 272 version. Could get that intake 3d printed. Cnc would pump out the cylinder adapter. I can't remember what had to be done to the case.

Todd is this all off the cuff?

Do you ever run your crazy mean hot rod husky cylinder green saws? I still think a kit would be cool for the 272 version. Could get that intake 3d printed. Cnc would pump out the cylinder adapter. I can't remember what had to be done to the case.
Id like to see that saw.

My 3400 with the husky 272 cylinder kit was the second hot sleeper that I made. It was a 3400 that I had to fill in the cylinder holes and move them, also had to make a base block about .400 thick. Machined the carb adapter so the carb was in the same place as stock, that made sure i didn't have any problems with the intake side of things. Big problem was the piston to connecting rod, piston was 12mm and the rod is .375. I had to machine the pin hole to accept the little needle bearing and make a longer pin. On about the 5th try I got one to last. Couldn't get it hard enough so it didn't wear. Remember this is a stock looking 3400 with 71 cc . It is a runnin saw, like a hot 3700. Didn't do anything with the ports.20191226_101324.jpg

Latest posts

Back