Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had enough of the sloppy bar mounts on the 3300's and decided to try something I wondered about for years.
Took 2- 5/16 nuts and ran them up on a bolt.
Ground them down to almost nothing until the bar mount slot on the bar would slide over them.
Ground them down the other direction to the thickness of the bar ( a little under) and ran them on to the studs.
The bar sits on there snug now with almost zero up& down movement.
No pics as my phone died while I was in the shop but I may add pics tomorrow.

Sometimes they get sold even when your agreed on price and say you will take it. No biggie to me. I was just going to get into right hands.

I seen this saw posted in another FB group. So safe to post now. I was suppose to pick up this full wrap 5200 early this week. But guess the guy north of me got it over weekend.

Least it looks like it went to a good home and the guy has several others too in his stable.

p5200.jpg

Sometimes they get sold even when your agreed on price and say you will take it. No biggie to me. I was just going to get into right hands.

I seen this saw posted in another FB group. So safe to post now. I was suppose to pick up this full wrap 5200 early this week. But guess the guy north of me got it over weekend.

Least it looks like it went to a good home and the guy has several others too in his stable.

View attachment 1060681
What was asking price on that bad boy?

Was the pending on your payment or did you get left behind.
About a year ago I found a 4000 for 75 on a sale place, got told it was mine and when I was going to pick it up. Was telling my son about it and he said he was going thru the area after work and would pick it up. That was good to hear so i told the seller that and it was ok by him. About 530 that evening i get a call from my son and he told me the guy had sold it because he was afraid i would not pick it up. What a jerk he is.
Not like it use to be. When you gave your word, it was a done deal.

I dug this craftsman micro out today. I’ve had it about a year and I was pretty sure it didn’t need much. A quick tear down and clean, replace the 38 year old fuel line and pick up. The Carlton bar is new the chain is junk. These little saws always find a buyer. The fuel tank is dated 11/85. I think 85 was a swing year for colors on the craftsman’s and 86 they went gray. I know the red ones I’ve had were 84/85. Here’s an ad from ‘84 I have. 4755B0D4-312C-4E85-B194-8C701FC46567.jpeg86621A71-0230-4504-8373-2607A1DEB5BF.jpeg688854ED-BC15-4499-B228-3F57DF446C25.jpeg

Here’s an ad from ‘84 I have.
Great old ad page! $300 in 1984 is about equal to $863 today.

:laughing::laughing: Gotta laugh at Sear’s marketing’s additional $40 price for the short lived Barracuda chain & PowerSharp feature, and the fact there were no ball bearings in those saws, just needle bearings & axial bronze thrust washers. They must have been thinking of the older 306 & 245 series that did have both.

Poulan branded saws were usually the higher priced.

They did cost a lot of money back in the day. Does anyone know if the poulan brand was more than the Craftsman or less. Talking about the 3400 v 3.4
Dont forget Sears sold the 3.4 as a 3.0 18" to lower selling price too.

I've only had 2 come through so far. Still got this one.

c3034x.jpg
c3018.png

Great old ad page! $300 in 1984 is about equal to $863 today.

:laughing::laughing: Gotta laugh at Sear’s marketing’s additional $40 price for the short lived Barracuda chain & PowerSharp feature, and the fact there were no ball bearings in those saws, just needle bearings & axial bronze thrust washers.

Poulan branded saws were usually the higher priced.
30-40 years later still cutting wood.

Only 38 years and the fuel lines were bad? I'd ask for my money back.

Mark
If the damned Sears was still here I would. I told my wife the other day I miss Sears. We were at an orange box store that sells crooked 2x4s and **** tools. When I was in highschool taking auto shop in the mid/late 90s that’s where you got your tools. I still have most of those sets and very few problems. I buy older craftsman USA stuff all the time.

@joe25DA "The Carlton bar is new the chain is junk".... Unless the cutters are terrible, once I grind that safety link off with a metal cutoff disk on a handheld grinder 10 -15 minutes, I've found the chain does pretty decent. I've got a few of the CVA's in that grey color.

Latest posts

Back