Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@fossil Tim probably has.

North got different colors and versions then we did down here. Think it depended on who was paying for the labeling of them up there when for sale.

Reading old thread I have. Benchmark lable was sold at hardware stores up there. Never got a answer on Treemaster label.

View attachment 1072217

I'm pretty sure they were carried by The Arborist Store which is a Canadian company established in 1966. The Poulan saws they sold were the 3400, 2700 / 2800 and the Micro line. The Micro saws are fairly common. The 3400 is likely the least common saw. Today they carry Husky saws.
https://thearboriststore.com/
Benchmark products are sold by Home Hardware which is a large chain in Canada.

Started to put the 4900 back together and when I put the cylinder on it started to bind up. Pulled it back apart and did some checking found it has a bent connecting rod. Had to dig into the parts box and get a new crankshaft. All back together and it spins around like it should. Didn't want to use the new stuff but glad i had it. Might get to run it tomorrow if all goes well.

Found some spark plugs for 11.95 for 25 ,bought 2 boxes of them

I'm updating a thread to save Tim's info too on 3 of their relabeled brands.
The old thread with a benchmark 46 BM46 pics is hostage by tinypics like pb did lot of us too. The guy that had done the original thread was from Canada.
So probably someone in in Canada has pics of one to share?

Wall sign just to bring attention.

psignnnnnnnnnnn.JPG

Someone dropped this off at the museum.

View attachment 1071476

View attachment 1071477

View attachment 1071478

I am committed to make it look whole, I am abivalent about whether or not to try and make it run. I'll need a piston/pin/cylinder and muffler, as well as the reed block/intake/ carburetor and a clutch. Any ideas on what saw this is based on?

Thanks,

Mark
Hey Mark, would this be useful? I saw it in a local's shed today and figured you might have a need for it. Just by pulling it feels pretty stout and I'd bet it'd run with gas down the carb.
IMG_3179.jpegIMG_3180.jpegIMG_3181.jpeg

Yes indeed. If you can acquire it for a reasonable price I could make the Target 14/66 fully functional.

20230406_112744.jpg

I'd recommend that you do not attempt to get that saw running...if you do you will not let it get away. The 5200/5400/8500 models are really something special.

20160803_193055.1.jpg

Mark

Yes indeed. If you can acquire it for a reasonable price I could make the Target 14/66 fully functional.

View attachment 1073046

I'd recommend that you do not attempt to get that saw running...if you do you will not let it get away. The 5200/5400/8500 models are really something special.

View attachment 1073044

Mark
It's on the lawn now, hopefully it'll be on it's way to you next week.

@fossil Tim probably has.

North got different colors and versions then we did down here. Think it depended on who was paying for the labeling of them up there when for sale.

Reading old thread I have. Benchmark lable was sold at hardware stores up there. Never got a answer on Treemaster label.

View attachment 1072217
I have one of these this one is in far better condition. Mine is 49cc chrome cylinder and is a good runner but cosmetically lacking. Good find 😁

View attachment 1073046

View attachment 1073044

Mark
Sorry Mark, but I had to drip some gas down it's throat. She took off and ran beautifully for 10-15 seconds, so I think your chopsaw will be in good shape with those parts.

I found out an old friend of mine right up the road had a old Poulan. Today I stopped by to see what he had and he had just got it home from his mechanic. He has the bow that came on it originally also . He said he would call me when it gets too heavy for him to use. He’s 70 and in good shape so I’m worried it might be too heavy for me when he decides to let it go.

Attachments

• 972C5E5F-2685-4003-AA28-3C0266358A37.jpeg
    972C5E5F-2685-4003-AA28-3C0266358A37.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1
Back