Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kostas, if you look at the idle adjust screw (I) is the tapered end touching the lever on the throttle shaft ?

Yes,it does.The problem is that i am not sure for the screws,which one is for low and which one for the hi.These are not equals,one is shorter from the other.

I fixed my pictures for you guys. Sorry I didn't get it right the first time, I was posting on my phone since my laptop is in about 700 pieces now in my attempt to DIY a hinge replacement. It turns out that the hinges are the first parts laid on the bench to start assembly, and well, I got distracted during disassembly and had to relocate all the pieces off the table because my wife didn't want to see it sitting there. Anybody here know how to reassemble Lenovo laptops?

Nick

Yes,it does.The problem is that i am not sure for the screws,which one is for low and which one for the hi.These are not equals,one is shorter from the other.

While I haven't seen a 2150, on most of these saws, the needles aren't the same. One is larger(diameter) than the other so interchanging them isn't possible.
Bob

I fixed my pictures for you guys. Sorry I didn't get it right the first time, I was posting on my phone since my laptop is in about 700 pieces now in my attempt to DIY a hinge replacement. It turns out that the hinges are the first parts laid on the bench to start assembly, and well, I got distracted during disassembly and had to relocate all the pieces off the table because my wife didn't want to see it sitting there. Anybody here know how to reassemble Lenovo laptops?

Nick
LOL, They are about like rebuilding carbs on chainsaws! Helps to have small hands, everything is close together in there, and small. I have a couple IBM Thinkpads (older Lenovo) :biggrin: Been inside them before, but sure couldn't explain anything to ya, thats for sure. You might try Thinkpads.com, just find the board that your pc falls under. Lots of knowledge on that site.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Nick

okay, now i feel like an azz. shoulda known there was some extenuating circumstance. sorry. my bad, jerry
btw, really nice score.

While I haven't seen a 2150, on most of these saws, the needles aren't the same. One is larger(diameter) than the other so interchanging them isn't possible.
Bob

Thanks for your time Bob.The needles have the same diameter but they are different in length.One is a little bit smaller.Anyway,i'sse tommorow what i can do.The matter is that the damn thing was working much better before i rebuilt it (ok,without power because it had a really low compression but it fired up really easy).Now,that i've changed almost everything on it,is for the garbage.

Don't feel bad, Jerry. I should have mentioned it along with saying I'd fix it when I could sit down at a computer. It was a long night and I was not completely with it.

Kostas, I wish I could help you but I'm still learning too.

Nick

pic test

Test

http://www.arborists
attachment.php
ite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=214951&d=1325622314

Thanks for your time Bob.The needles have the same diameter but they are different in length.One is a little bit smaller.Anyway,i'sse tommorow what i can do.The matter is that the damn thing was working much better before i rebuilt it (ok,without power because it had a really low compression but it fired up really easy).Now,that i've changed almost everything on it,is for the garbage.

Well, something ain't right then. Go through the carb again and make sure you got it all put back together correctly. Make sure on the intake boot, no leaks. How about the tank vent? How does the impulse work on that one (I don't know), if it is broken or blocked, it won't run very well no matter how much you turn the adjustment screws.

Do you know what carb is on it?

Mike

Bob, you mentioned the 655. Can a newbie get a little bit of a write up on that saw? I saw it on Acres website but can't seem to find much more info on it. Was/is it a pretty good saw? I know its a big cube brute, but that's about it.

Nick

I went this morning to a friend of mine who works at a local chainsaw shop.He replaced the diaphragms of the carb and he told me the same thing as you,2 turns for the hi and 2-2.5 for the low.I came home,put the carb on the saw but it never worked.It leaks a lot of black mix out of the exhaust and at full throttle it bog down.I tried many settings,nothing worked.I turn the hi at about 1 turn,it runs at full throttle and no mix from the exhaust but it does not idle.

And something else.The carb has 2 screws,one for hi,one for low.One is shorter from the other.Which one is for low,the shorter one or the longer one?I am asking because i am assuming that maybe i mistook them

No offense but if its spitting that much fuel from the muffler, you need to take that carb back to your friend and have him do it right this time. Sounds like the inlet needle is set wrong or damaged. Make sure the meetering side diaphragms and gaskets are in the right order as well.

Bob, you mentioned the 655. Can a newbie get a little bit of a write up on that saw? I saw it on Acres website but can't seem to find much more info on it. Was/is it a pretty good saw? I know its a big cube brute, but that's about it.

Nick

I could tell you but I think I will show you instead. :msp_rolleyes:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3175/7d2.mp4

Nick

The saw is made by Pioneer/Partner. The Pp655 is a clone of their P62. 98cc. Its a big heavy powerful saw. Has both an adjustable oiler and a manual assist oiler.

Back