Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hve no personal expieriance with that model, but I would think that being a little newer model, that new parts might be available from Poulan, unlike most of the older models that we play with here.:)
At 42cc, that sounds like it is the better Poulan Pro version of the Wildthing.
Not sure, just a guess.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Thanks Gregg for the info. I'll have to look up the Wildthing info. As I have already said, this saw is gonna be on a strict budget, so 'good' used or aftermarket parts for it. I will take care of this saw as I do my others. But, I have other saw plans that I'm working on.

Kevin

Last edited:
Thanks Mark...no saw snobbery for me.

After I get'er running...then a muffler mod. I don't have a welder or anything of that nature, so if the muffler would need to be cut open, I'll just put a hole in the side of it and get one of those Husky deflectors.

Pics...yeah I should know better...tomorrow.

Kevin

Kevin to be honest I'm no expert on those newer saws either, but if the muffler is like the one I'm thinking of (one that comes apart) then all you need to do is take it apart, drill out the center diffuser and then drill a 1/2" or so hole in the indentation in the front of it. Works well that way.

Kevin to be honest I'm no expert on those newer saws either, but if the muffler is like the one I'm thinking of (one that comes apart) then all you need to do is take it apart, drill out the center diffuser and then drill a 1/2" or so hole in the indentation in the front of it. Works well that way.

That'd work for me! I'll keep my fingers crossed when I pull the muffler tomorrow to have a look inside.

Kevin

5200 up an running.

Here is a couple pictures of the 5200 up and running. It needed some fixes for sure but its all good now. The holes in the top of the cyl that hold the cover stud and the muffler brace on were stripped and the cover was converted to a 3 screw hold down so I switched the muffler from my 4200 on to this one as it had no uppper brace strap on it.

Now my 4200 has the braced muffler with the front armor on it.

Saw starts and runs pretty good. I had a extra Husky mount 32" bar so I threw it on here for now. Don't know what it will end up with most of the time.

I'm pretty much through chasing these longer bars in Poulan/Echo mounts as there too hard to find and expensive. The Husky mounts work well with a spacer and are much easier to find cheaper.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Greg, I got the envelope today, thank you. They look pretty good.

I would still like to get over this spring sometime so find a big piece of wood and I'll bring this 5200 along to play with.

Another ammazing looking saw Mark :clap:

I have a swamp white oak in the woods that needs to come down, at least a 3 footer I'd guess..lol
I have other stuff allready down thats just setting there waiting to test saws and make cookies out of.:)
If cold weather don't bother ya, should have you and MoparMike come on up or over anytime ya want. Oh, I forgot, your shoulder is still on the mend. That 5200 might be a little much for it yet.
But, the High Life bottles are good shoulder excersize, I would think..LOL

Gregg,

Another ammazing looking saw Mark :clap:

I have a swamp white oak in the woods that needs to come down, at least a 3 footer I'd guess..lol
I have other stuff allready down thats just setting there waiting to test saws and make cookies out of.:)
If cold weather don't bother ya, should have you and MoparMike come on up or over anytime ya want. Oh, I forgot, your shoulder is still on the mend. That 5200 might be a little much for it yet.
But, the High Life bottles are good shoulder excersize, I would think..LOL

Gregg,

Mike and I talked about it and its on the to do list for sure. Not that I'm a super sissy about the cold, I just dont like to plan far ahead this time of year as the weather is to unpredictable, but I know you know that.

I'm thinking late March or early April? How far from Ft Wayne again? We will show that Oak whos boss if you want to, if it really needs to come down.

The shoulder is on the mend , and I went to the Dr yesterday. I'm guessing I'll be good to go back to work in about 3 weeks.

The 5200 might be a little rough on it right now but give me a little time.

My father in law has a big maple stump left in his yard from a tree he had taken down. The tree guys didn't have a saw big enough to tackle it. :dizzy:

I'll give this 5200 a whirl on it and I'm betting I wont pick up the SXL925 for a stump again.

Mike and I talked about it and its on the to do list for sure. Not that I'm a super sissy about the cold, I just dont like to plan far ahead this time of year as the weather is to unpredictable, but I know you know that.

I'm thinking late March or early April? How far from Ft Wayne again? We will show that Oak whos boss if you want to, if it really needs to come down.

The shoulder is on the mend , and I went to the Dr yesterday. I'm guessing I'll be good to go back to work in about 3 weeks.

The 5200 might be a little rough on it right now but give me a little time.

My father in law has a big maple stump left in his yard from a tree he had taken down. The tree guys didn't have a saw big enough to tackle it. :dizzy:

I'll give this 5200 a whirl on it and I'm betting I wont pick up the SXL925 for a stump again.

I hear ya on the driving conditions this time of year, one day the roads here are clear, the next slippery. Usually get alot of wind blown snow around here, conditiond change in a hurry.
I'm guessing right around 70 miles east of Fort Wayne. Right off of US30 is where I'm at, about 1 1/2 mi.
The junction of I-75 & US30 will give ya a rough idea. just a few miles east of there.

Gregg,

I think I visited your site yesterday through a link on this forum. The reason I didn't buy was because I'm not ready for the parts yet. I was checking out old McCulloch, Homelite, and Poulan parts. It's cold here in Indiana and I don't have sufficient heat in my old shop to go out and work on saws yet. Probably in a couple of months I'll spend more time out there and will keep your site in mind. I compare prices also, so if you're priced higher than others it would affect your sales. Also, what Mark said, it is very helpful to let us know what saws your parts fit.

Dont have to worry about the prices you see someone cheaper on the obsolete parts you let me know the url i will confirm it and will go lower on my items thats how i look at things i have to locate some 5200 and 3400 parts tommorrow

I wish i can reproduce those 5200 Gaskets and decals i have

Last edited:
Well maybe you ought to change that diaper a little more often. :givebeer:

QUOTE]

Change it hell,
It's not even full yet.................................it says right on the box, 12-18 lbs.
There can't be over 5 lbs. in this one now!!!LOLOL

Mike

Thats funny.

Just hope a picture of you and that diaper don't appear like Nik's :dizzy:

Thanks Mark...no saw snobbery for me.

After I get'er running...then a muffler mod. I don't have a welder or anything of that nature, so if the muffler would need to be cut open, I'll just put a hole in the side of it and get one of those Husky deflectors.

Pics...yeah I should know better...tomorrow.

Kevin

Kevin, my PP220 has the black pre epa muffler. All that is necessary to mod the muffler is to open up the two small louvers on the back.

Scott, I got curious after your reply and looked it up. Seems all type numbers of the 260 have the same muffler. The longer one that comes apart.

Modding that puppy is a breeze.

I know there was a silver muffler version of the PP220 and thought the PP260 did also. About six years ago I talked to the factory about my PP220 restricted muffler and the guy was able to talk then but was frustrated the cat mufflers were coming.

Back