Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I would post here for some help. I finally tracked down a 6000 and I think it will clean up OK. I know I paid too much for it and I will have to drive 150 miles to pick it up but I just had to have it. Anyway it has a broken rear handle and I know I will not find one here. Do any of you guys have a parts saw or know where I can source that part? A Dolmar 153 and possibly some other Dolmars will fit.
I will also post up on the 'swap meet' thread once I know exactly what Dolmars are the same. Here are some pics the seller supplied:

Poulan6000handle.jpg

6000.jpg

6000-1.jpg

Al.

Last edited:
Al, that is a 152 not a 153. There was a new rear handle on US ebay just a bit ago, dont know if its still there. Search for Dolmar 152.

If they wont ship to OZ have it shipped to me if you know what I mean.

Thanks Mark, I figured the 153 had the extended tank as the bottom of the handle but couldn't confirm that. That 152 handle is available to me. The seller is JRA small engine and I have sent him an inquiry and hope he will reduce is shipping cost of $40.00. The handle is going to cost half as much as the saw! But it is going to be worth it.
I am really excited about this saw. I tried to buy a parts 6000 the other day but the guy won't sell. This one seems much nicer but I have not seen it yet. We are going overseas next week and the airport is only an hour from where the saw is so I hope to get it then. If I ever have enough time I will get some pictures up.
Boy I love finding old Poulans.:msp_smile:

HeRoze, those wooden handles are the deluxe types. Most of the guys down here would use a scrench or an old 3/8" bolt!

Al.

Mark, it looks like a nice 6000 and it is very rare to find full wrap handles on anything down here. The seller is a nice gent who is willing to hold on to it for three weeks until I pick it up. Those plastic hand guards are on many saws here, in fact this 122S I sold last year had one that is probably the same(?). I will keep an eye out. I have a local chainsaw shop that has lots of old stuff, I will go see him.
I still have not heard back from JRA small engine but have my fingers crossed.

P4170776.jpg

Al.

Mark, it looks like a nice 6000 and it is very rare to find full wrap handles on anything down here. The seller is a nice gent who is willing to hold on to it for three weeks until I pick it up. Those plastic hand guards are on many saws here, in fact this 122S I sold last year had one that is probably the same(?). I will keep an eye out. I have a local chainsaw shop that has lots of old stuff, I will go see him.
I still have not heard back from JRA small engine but have my fingers crossed.

Al.

Why...that's not a handguard, that's the spoiler/air dam.

;)

Looking for some 3750 parts

Went to look at a 3750 thinking it might be something a friend wanted. It wasn't in that good of shape to want to ship to him but I did pick it up knowing it was going to take some work. 3750 parts I'd like to find;

1. Air filter cover
2. Air filter
3. Bar and chain ( what size bar and what kind of chain will it pull well in softer wood??)
4. muffler
5. Something I can't think of right now!????

Thanks in advance for any parts sourcing info........maybe someone's got a parts 3750 saw under the bench/on the shelf??

Poulan 335 muff mod

I saw in ( in fact posted this there) another thread that I like ModifiedMarks fish gill muffler mod on his 330/335. My question is do you leave the baffle out when you do this mod?

My favorite are the jackasses that ignore the seller's asking price and "firm" or "make offer" instructions and instead badger them with "what's the abosute LOWEST, bottom dollar price you'll take?" question. If the seller doesn't stand firm with their original price and instead gives their true "bottom dollar" amount.........................then the ####bird will follow up with an offer that's at LEAST 25% lower still. Burns my ass, even when I'm not the seller. I had a buddy who used to drag me along when he went to check out motorcycles, ATV's, autos, and tractors that were for sale. He always told me that he needed my "technical expertese" (AKA he was blowing smoke up my ass). In reality, I was along more to keep sellers from beating his ass when he pulled that "bottom dollar" lowball game. It was embarassing. We just about got thrown off folks property a few times. He did get some screaming deals from some desperate sellers.............................but the whole thing went so far south of my personal code of ethics that I eventually wound up telling him to #### himself. I'd tried talking sense into him before that, but without effect. He just told me I was "too soft". He came from a family with money, so he didn't even NEED to lowball these folks. He could have easily afforded their asking prices, but enjoyed "raping" them (his words). Jackass used to laugh about it after he'd gotten some deal where the poor seller looked like they'd been violated. "Did you see his face??? I ####ed him good!"...:(

My favorite are the jackasses that ignore the seller's asking price and "firm" or "make offer" instructions and instead badger them with "what's the abosute LOWEST, bottom dollar price you'll take?" question. If the seller doesn't stand firm with their original price and instead gives their true "bottom dollar" amount.........................then the ####bird will follow up with an offer that's at LEAST 25% lower still. Burns my ass, even when I'm not the seller. I had a buddy who used to drag me along when he went to check out motorcycles, ATV's, autos, and tractors that were for sale. He always told me that he needed my "technical expertese" (AKA he was blowing smoke up my ass). In reality, I was along more to keep sellers from beating his ass when he pulled that "bottom dollar" lowball game. It was embarassing. We just about got thrown off folks property a few times. He did get some screaming deals from some desperate sellers.............................but the whole thing went so far south of my personal code of ethics that I eventually wound up telling him to #### himself. I'd tried talking sense into him before that, but without effect. He just told me I was "too soft". He came from a family with money, so he didn't even NEED to lowball these folks. He could have easily afforded their asking prices, but enjoyed "raping" them (his words). Jackass used to laugh about it after he'd gotten some deal where the poor seller looked like they'd been violated. "Did you see his face??? I ####ed him good!"...:(

I've had people on ebay wait until my auction was over then ask me what my bottom dollar was on my item that didn't sell. I just reply that the item is no longer for sale.

Tuning help

I know it's not a Poulan but all the smart guys are here and the tuning question applies to saws as well. I just rebuilt my Husqvarna 25 cc trimmer, it has a Walbro WT. I cuts good and it idles good but after 20 seconds or so it slows way down sometimes it recovers and sometimes it dies. What could be wrong? It's like it gets fuel starved every once and awhile.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

I have a bird cage and a saw on CL. I posted SPECIFICALLY that the price is FIRM. They're paid for, not eating anything and if I sell them I do, if not, they can sit in the basement and shop. I had 2 idiots email me offering 1/2 what I have them listed for. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN HOME COOKIN'!!

Recent acquisition ..

Modified Mark created a thread and called me out for not posting these sooner .... I put 'em there, but it's probably more correct to put 'em here .... enjoy!

GEDC0166.jpg

GEDC0167.jpg

GEDC0170.jpg

Nice Saw. I saw the thread he started I believe he referred to you as wingnut and I kept waiting for those pictures to show up over there. I guessed you faked us all out.
I am with you though I like the poulan section better for posting.

Latest posts

Back