Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats funny you asked, I compared them today with the same 20in bar and 70DL chain. The 3750 is faster limbing but there very close in larger wood. All I had was an 18in piece of green oak I do think that the 3750 has a little more torque. I was thinking about getting some bigger wood and using all the bar. I do know that I would rather use either of them than my old 036. I sold than 036 and said for both my 365 and my 3750 and maid a little cash. Best thing I ever did.

You usually have more to say about Macs than that.

Chris B.

I'm turning over a new leaf there you trouble maker.

Don't get him started. :hmm3grin2orange:

For those interested, the Mac guys I know like them.

Your a wise man to say that. LOL

Did i see somebody looking for a 245 p&c awhile back ??
noticed today i think i have one with a dayton cover on it.
muffler is off and the piston looks fine..
do i have to take the case apart on the clutch side to get at the two bolts on that side ??

Were always looking for good 245 top ends. Not sure what you mean by taking the case apart. If you take it apart, get the rod and all the needles too.

If I am not mistaken the 365 and 3750 are virtually the same saw so it is not surprising that they are very close to one another.

Yeah there the same but different....

I'm turning over a new leaf there you trouble maker.

Your a wise man to say that. LOL

Were always looking for good 245 top ends. Not sure what you mean by taking the case apart. If you take it apart, get the rod and all the needles too.

Yeah there the same but different....

Mark,,tying to get the jug off,cant get at the two nuts on clutch side..

Mark,,tying to get the jug off,cant get at the two nuts on clutch side..

Really no problem....

attachment.php

Ok boys I have been waiting on this one for a long, long time. Didn't really figure I would ever find one either as its a rare, rare piece. I already had one in Wright colors and there hard to find, but one in AC dress???

A great AS member helped a ton in my getting it as well, I'll expose him later.

Here is all I will show for now till I get it up and going. It has some issues for sure but nothing fatal. It will run again. I will start a thread on it when its done, but that might not be for a while. I got some work to do finding some off the wall seals etc. Might need a little weld job from Roger as well.

I also got a couple of projects ahead of it, like a 8500 spread out in as many pieces as one will come apart. :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Ok boys I have been waiting on this one for a long, long time. Didn't really figure I would ever find one either as its a rare, rare piece. I already had one in Wright colors and there hard to find, but one in AC dress???

A great AS member helped a ton in my getting it as well, I'll expose him later.

Here is all I will show for now till I get it up and going. It has some issues for sure but nothing fatal. It will run again. I will start a thread on it when its done, but that might not be for a while. I got some work to do finding some off the wall seals etc. Might need a little weld job from Roger as well.

I also got a couple of projects ahead of it, like a 8500 spread out in as many pieces as one will come apart. :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Allis Chalmers. Is this more rare then the Speigel.

No problem Mark when your ready let me know.

I know where that AC blade saw came from......but I ain't tellin'.:D

Roger an AC branded Poulan chainsaw isn't more rare than a Speigal branded Poulan chainsaw............but an AC branded Poulan reciprocating blade saw sure is rare indeed.:cheers:

I seen that one Bob, should have brought more, someone got a deal. I got busy and forgot about it or someone would have had to pay more for it or I would have owned another one.

Yea, Mark. BUt I figure I got too much for my 3700 Bowsaw so it averages out, I guess. The 3400 I sold I barely broke even on so I'm not too upset.
Bob

Aoto oiler

Hi, I have a used craftsman 4018 thats pumping alot of bar oil ( 1/2 tank of gas to 1 tank of bar oil). Iam using bar oil. I've read (on this site) but can't seem to find now about choking down the flow. If you can choke down the flow how should you choke down? Oil pickup line or after pump line? Or should I just put 1/2 tank of gas in it to = oil tank? Thanks

Hi, I have a used craftsman 4018 thats pumping alot of bar oil ( 1/2 tank of gas to 1 tank of bar oil). Iam using bar oil. I've read (on this site) but can't seem to find now about choking down the flow. If you can choke down the flow how should you choke down? Oil pickup line or after pump line? Or should I just put 1/2 tank of gas in it to = oil tank? Thanks

Over oiling is not usually a problem. If you want to use less, try a thicker oil. Husky summer oil is like snot and pumps slower in my saws. Your saw has no adjustment so you must have just gotten an over zealous one. Make sure your saw is not just so lean your using to little fuel;)

Back