Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over oiling is not usually a problem. If you want to use less, try a thicker oil. Husky summer oil is like snot and pumps slower in my saws. Your saw has no adjustment so you must have just gotten an over zealous one. Make sure your saw is not just so lean your using to little fuel;)

Carb adjusted too lean is a very good thing to check there!

View attachment 266148View attachment 266149View attachment 266150View attachment 266151View attachment 266152

JJ, here is some quick pictures. I tried outside first but the rain and darkness wasnt helping so I went with the livingroom as a backdrop! cheers:msp_smile:

Andy

Thanks.

That looks like the same black top 3750 and the 365 I passed on in Doylestown for $80 a piece about 1.5hrs from me. I almost pulled the trigger, but I just have to many of the same saws.

Thats the only black top 3750 I have seen so far if it is the same saw I looked at.

3I63N93H95Gb5W25F5cbe5929f977a0d01d7e.jpg

5200 After a hard days work

Fell, blocked, and split about 2 cords of piñon for firewood today. Pretty sure I'm way more tired than my 5200. My dad bought this saw brand new as a birthday present for me in 1981. Looks a little rough but still runs like it did 31 years ago.

Fell, blocked, and split about 2 cords of piñon for firewood today. Pretty sure I'm way more tired than my 5200. My dad bought this saw brand new as a birthday present for me in 1981. Looks a little rough but still runs like it did 31 years ago.

That is pretty good for one day. Must be due to a fast cutting saw.

That is pretty good for one day. Must be due to a fast cutting saw.

Well, I had a little help. My two nephews needed to make a little money, so I took em out for a day of work. Had to show em their "old" uncle could hang in there. ( Just about killed me, the saw didn't complain once)

Lol...

Well, I had a little help. My two nephews needed to make a little money, so I took em out for a day of work. Had to show em their "old" uncle could hang in there. ( Just about killed me, the saw didn't complain once)
Sucks when you have to hang with the younger guys, but you can NEVER let on that you're dying inside...lol

Took a little time cleaning up and examining my 'new' PP330. Figured out why the chain was so loose on it. There was no tensioner screw! The adjuster nut/peg was still held in by the bar, but the rest of the tensioner screw hardware was gone. Never seen that before. Case looks fine. Clutch cover looks fine. Bar plates are missing too. The bottom of the saw was also soaked in oil because the yahoo had somehow managed to tuck the oil fill cap o-ring in when tightening it down and cut/pinched the o-ring. Cleaned that up and put a new o-ring on. People do stupid things.....:dizzy:

Will get a good look at the fuel tank vent on Sunday. Seller said he filled it and it left a puddle under the saw (pissing off his wife). Now I'm wondering if the puddle was bar oil from the pinched o-ring. I'll change out the vent duckbill anyways...

photobucket-32835-1354492628631.jpg

Here it is dirty and droopy....:msp_rolleyes:

Last edited:
yikes...I love my 330 some people just shouldn't have pets or chainsaws...:msp_sad:

I agree. Some people can't be trusted with anything more complicated than a claw hammer. The reddish brown smears above and below the front bar nut are some sort of glue. Almost like PVC cement. Don't want to mess up the plastic clutch cover getting that stuff off.....so I'll leave it for now. Probably can carefully shave it off with a razor blade. People are dumb...

I just got through checking the PP330 and 3450/3750 IPL's (plus those of the 3000 and other older models in the series). Doesn't look like there were bar plates used on these saws. Odd............especially since they have a plastic clutch cover. I don't like that all. Will adapt plates from some other saw. Got one in mind (same oiling system, stud size, and stud spacing).........but I won't mention it here because the donor is not green or a private label color.....:msp_rolleyes:

I agree. Some people can't be trusted with anything more complicated than a claw hammer. The reddish brown smears above and below the front bar nut are some sort of glue. Almost like PVC cement. Don't want to mess up the plastic clutch cover getting that stuff off.....so I'll leave it for now. Probably can carefully shave it off with a razor blade. People are dumb...

I just got through checking the PP330 and 3450/3750 IPL's (plus those of the 3000 and other older models in the series). Doesn't look like there were bar plates used on these saws. Odd............especially since they have a plastic clutch cover. I don't like that all. Will adapt plates from some other saw. Got one in mind (same oiling system, stud size, and stud spacing).........but I won't mention it here because the donor is not green or a private label color.....:msp_rolleyes:

You might try a hot air gun to remove the glue. I bought a PP375 that had some kind of very hard substance that reminded me of epoxy off eBay. It was all over the top cover and some other area's. Heated it up with the hot air and was able to flake it off with very little effort. Result was much better than I expected. I figured I'd just have to buy a new top cover but that wasn't necessary.

The best thing about them "off brand saws" is when they can donate a useable part to a POULAN!!!

Mike

Back