Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that mean you're coming Mike? If you are, thats great! AND please drag he guy somewhat further so there's room in the John in case someone's not feeling well.

I have every intention of making it if at all possible!
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the rest of the week goes.

I had every intention of making that Jim Ed Brown/Jan Howard/Jean Shepard/Stonewall Jackson concert in August that I bought tickets for in February too, but alas it didn't work out that way!!! :(

Mike

You know, I'm not sure what they get from it, but I can tell you this without reservation!!!
If I could lay my hands on the low living S.O.B. I'd tie him up and drag him slowly behind my old Dodge for 28 miles!!!!!
Then I'd take the remains to the Poulan GTG and throw it down the porta john so we could ALL let him know how we feel about his bull crap!!!!!

Mike

OhioGregg Likes This! :D

Just trying a picture. Many have said they can't recently with the ongoing AS problems. :mad: Just checking to see if I can see them or not.

woodsept006_zpsad15d6ea.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

desktop trial returns "error 404 file not found" when searching with google chrome. Maybe I need to go back to IE?

ya..that is weird, that has always worked for me before, this site and any other. Must be they are still working on it. Still a good trick to know. Eventually it *should* work, maybe after google recrawls the whole site again.

I picked another one of these 3400's with the 3700 factory installed cylinders up today. Looks good except for a mashed starter pulley. I have two of these now but no 3700 labelled as such. (Sleeper 3400's)

I spent a little time cleaning mine up today. Spent a little more time bandaging my finger when I cut it on the chain...

Poulan 91 rebuild under way

well i finally got around to tearing into the 91's, here is a couple pics of them somewhat apart.

not bad actually, waiting on a parts delivery for the recoil starter cover/bar clamps/handles.

100_3678.jpg100_3679.jpg

Poulan 91 question? needle bearings

I counted 24 needle bearings for the connecting rod, do i just use some grease and position them in place as i install the connecting rod back on the crank?

Mark, any other tips you can add i will greatly appreciate.

Have i said thanks to everyone for the help the past year lately??

Thanks again, :biggrin:

I counted 24 needle bearings for the connecting rod, do i just use some grease and position them in place as i install the connecting rod back on the crank?

Helluva pair of saws you have there. There's a home for them in Indiana--2 actually.

But seriously, use plenty of grease and stick them to the rod halves. Mark showed a picture in his 744 rebuild thread of a zip tie threaded underneath the lower cap holding the whole mess tight to the crank journal. (This might be a run-on sentence.:dizzy:) Keep your allen wrench and bolts close at hand.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back