Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now when we figure out how to remove and re-brad the little oiler plate/plungers from the 150s, Super 2s & S25s to new sheet material, we'll all be in tall cotton.

Are the carb metering diaphragms made from the same material? Read somewhere on Walbros website that it's actually silk that is used as the reinforcement. That material might be available in small pieces from Joe at Sugar Creek as he makes the Brown carb kits

I got the tip from member who's not very active on the site but collects older saws. He makes his own carb diaphragms from the same material we got for the oiler diaphragms but in a thinner material. I think, but don't bank on it, the carb diaphragms are 0.007" and the oiler material we bought was 0.017"
Before I bought the material I contacted Joe at Sugar Creek and the oiler diaphragms for the 3400+++ were on his list to replicate. We didn't discuss the Homelite or 25 series diaphragms.
So it doesn't get lost forever, the material is...

Allstate Gasket Material STYLE 1208 NITRILE- NYLON INSERTED DIAPHRAGM

Good day
zamete5u.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I got the tip from member who's not very active on the site but collects older saws. He makes his own carb diaphragms from the same material we got for the oiler diaphragms but in a thinner material. I think, but don't bank on it, the carb diaphragms are 0.007" and the oiler material we bought was 0.017"
Before I bought the material I contacted Joe at Sugar Creek and the oiler diaphragms for the 3400+++ were on his list to replicate. We didn't discuss the Homelite or 25 series diaphragms.
So it doesn't get lost forever, the material is...

Allstate Gasket Material STYLE 1208 NITRILE- NYLON INSERTED DIAPHRAGM
Would be nice to be able to buy some diaphragms.

Gary, get about 20 more and we will have to nickname you Lee2. :rock:

Yea it is a very bad disorder, I know now I have it bad but go to counseling everyday to try to prevent bringing more home. I actually am trying to reduce some of my inventory (not Poulan metal) but some others and plastic stuff.

It takes 5 times as long to get rid of them as it did to acquire them.

Yea it is a very bad disorder, I know now I have it bad but go to counseling everyday to try to prevent bringing more home. I actually am trying to reduce some of my inventory (not Poulan metal) but some others and plastic stuff.

It takes 5 times as long to get rid of them as it did to acquire them.

When I got my chainsaw needs in order and started selling. I sold 10K in the 1st year. Granted 1 of those saws was 3K.

Back