Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's how I got my strato
charged W T, guy dropped it off and said " you can have this junk, bought me a Husky.," . Had it gutted and running like a scalded dog in 30 minutes. A good bath and it was like new.

Sent from my Prism II using Tapatalk

on the wild things and i guess all that series saw with the primer bulb, how do the fuel lines run?

The big line from the primer bulb goes to the rear tank hole, the fuel line goes from the tank to the carb connector in the front and the primer line goes from the right primer bulb connector to the rear carb connector, is this correct?

on the wild things and i guess all that series saw with the primer bulb, how do the fuel lines run?

The big line from the primer bulb goes to the rear tank hole, the fuel line goes from the tank to the carb connector in the front and the primer line goes from the right primer bulb connector to the rear carb connector, is this correct?

The fuel line with the filter goes to the top right of the carb.
The fuel line on the short connector of the primer bulb goes to the bottom right of carb.
The fuel line on the long connector of the bulb is the return line to the tank.

I think you should count on replacing the fuel and vent lines as well as the filter. Most of them don't run because they have long since broken off. You may need a new duck bill valve for the fuel tank vent as well. You might find the little plastic fitting for that in the bottom of the fuel tank if the line has crumbled.
That's a really nice looking example you have.

And it's perfect, still got the machining marks on the rings, just a few tankfuls, I would guess!
IMG_20140531_124711291.jpg

All good info provided above. The only other thing I would pay attention to is the oilier. It`s a diaphragm pump that runs off a impulse from the crankcase. I seem to have a lot of trouble with them. There is no more replacement diaphragms. I buy parts saws for the pumps. Other than that maybe crank seals.

It's in brilliant condition, I've not checked seals/fuel lines/oiler, but hey, this is a good start, a few tankfuls, original chain too, sharpened once or twice..
IMG_20140531_124711291.jpg

Back