Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC02329.JPG I was wondering if someone could tell me what model saw this is? I have found several similar but the Poulan stamped into the bar cover is throwing me off. All I have found has a sticker / decal here.

That one is real nice. My favorite model.
I'd guess it is your favourite, with five of them? Any tips, (other than the air filter being a bit rubbish) this one would not start, according to the owner, who was selling it on behalf of a deceased relative, although I'm a bit happy to hear that it would not start, not sure he knew about 32/1 mix, it probably has not run in 20 years, so I'll have to rebuild the carb at a bare minimum, I'll take the muffler off with much gulping horror... I keep hearing stories about them being indestructible, but it looks too nice to use a lot. the paint is not even marked on the screw heads. It was £22.55/$38.00, the seller has mis-named it a Paulan, and had not mentioned 3400 or counter vibe, so it escaped the EvilBay scourers, 'cept me, ;-) (it was never a 'big name' here in Ireland, or England for that matter). I'll let you know how it goes in the next month or so after I pick it up.

I'd guess it is your favourite, with five of them? Any tips, (other than the air filter being a bit rubbish) this one would not start, according to the owner, who was selling it on behalf of a deceased relative, although I'm a bit happy to hear that, not sure he knew about 32/1 mix, it probably has not run in 20 years, so I'll have to rebuild the carb at a bare minimum, I'll take the muffler off with much gulping horror... I keep hearing stories about them being indestructible, but it looks too nice to use a lot. the paint is not even marked on the screw heads. It was £22.55/$38.00, the seller has mis-named it a Paulan, and had not mentioned 3400 or counter vibe, so it escaped the EvilBay scourers, 'cept me, ;-) (it was never a 'big name' here in Ireland, or England for that matter). I'll let you know how it goes in the next month or so after I pick it up.

I think you should count on replacing the fuel and vent lines as well as the filter. Most of them don't run because they have long since broken off. You may need a new duck bill valve for the fuel tank vent as well. You might find the little plastic fitting for that in the bottom of the fuel tank if the line has crumbled.
That's a really nice looking example you have.

I think you should count on replacing the fuel and vent lines as well as the filter. Most of them don't run because they have long since broken off. You may need a new duck bill valve for the fuel tank vent as well. You might find the little plastic fitting for that in the bottom of the fuel tank if the line has crumbled.
That's a really nice looking example you have.
Thanks Tim, I've got loads of Tygon tubing for my work, I guess there's no moulded fuel lines, just tube, I'd guess the duck bill valve is a non return thing to let air in, but not out?

Back