Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OhioGregg

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I thought so too Bob. But no exits in the back
Thats an odd one for sure Joe. Here is a pic of a new one I have, and the one that is on my saw. The one on my saw has been modded. The opening is much bigger.

PP380011.jpg

PP380013.jpg

Modifiedmark
Heres a couple more pics fellas.

Pulls this 36 / full comp with authority. Muscle Saw!

BigWhiteOak12182014018.jpg

Start'n ma' notch.

BigWhiteOak12182014024.jpg

After the face cut, look'n purdy for the camera..

BigWhiteOak12182014036.jpg

Stump measured 4ft 10in across at its widest.

BigWhiteOak12182014039.jpg

The reward >>

BigWhiteOak12182014029.jpg

BigWhiteOak12182014028.jpg

BigWhiteOak12182014026.jpg

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!!

Those big trees really are a lot of work when you get them on the ground.

joe25DA

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Joe, I think you have one of them "Super Quiet" urban saws. :D

Gregg,

I'll say. Mark hit it, the previous owner must have put an older style back part with a newer cover.
I never run an unknown saw before careful inspection, and I doubt this one would have started. But a ham fisted fool with motivation and a can of starting fluid could get it going I bet

Modifiedmark
You got that right Mark. To keep it fun, i bring a variety of mag for play'n. :D

BigWhiteOak12182014013.jpg

Looks like I'm not the only one who brings that many saws out for one tree. :laugh:

Your missing a S25 saw though, I would probably use one of those more then any for that tree. I start on the limbs with one till the top is pretty much gone and the wood starts getting to be 12" or more then grab a bigger one.

Modifiedmark
I'll say. Mark hit it, the previous owner must have put an older style back part with a newer cover.
I never run an unknown saw before careful inspection, and I doubt this one would have started. But a ham fisted fool with motivation and a can of starting fluid could get it going I bet

I'm not sure that older and newer fits on those mufflers. Both are listed at the same time in the IPLs and I think the front outlet mufflers were used on the saws with chainbrakes.

The Type 1 saws without brakes are usually found with the side exhaust.

Of course the later saws like a 330 had the side exhaust and chainbrakes so take it for what its worth.

Acornhill

Acornhill

enough said
Looks like I'm not the only one who brings that many saws out for one tree. :laugh:

Your missing a S25 saw though, I would probably use one of those more then any for that tree. I start on the limbs with one till the top is pretty much gone and the wood starts getting to be 12" or more then grab a bigger one.
Yes the S25 is a beast of a little saw, I used the CVA version the other day to cut up 3 trees for my uncle and never picked up the 3400.

OhioGregg

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I'm not sure that older and newer fits on those mufflers. Both are listed at the same time in the IPLs and I think the front outlet mufflers were used on the saws with chainbrakes.

Of course the later saws like a 330 had the side exhaust and chainbrakes so take it for what its worth.

Joe, What Mark said makes sense to me. (usually does) LOL My 380 is dated 1997 and Type 1, with a brake. Front exit exhaust. I suppose the front exit, just keeps more of the heat away from the plastic of the brake handle. But looks to me like either would work just fine.

Gregg,

joe25DA

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.

I
Joe, What Mark said makes sense to me. (usually does) LOL My 380 is dated 1997 and Type 1, with a brake. Front exit exhaust. I suppose the front exit, just keeps more of the heat away from the plastic of the brake handle. But looks to me like either would work just fine.

Gregg,

looked at the labe on the saw, No type but it does have "1" on it and it too is dated 1997, 60cc.
This saw will taken down, cleaned and re-built this week. I cant wait to run it.

RedneckChainsawRepair
There is no outlet. None. I have no idea how this saw ran at all. I haven't torn into it yet but the p/c are good just dirty.

I had just helped someone here with same problem. Bought saw at a auction that way. I am guessing folks are putting saws back together for resell and not starting them etc. Using whatever parts they can muster up to pass them down the road.
One of my 3750 had the front exit.

Latest posts