Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the right kit. You can find most of that info on the Tillotson site under repair parts.

http://www.tillotson.ie/products-parts.php

I can't believe how many donkeys pay up to $18 for that kit on ebay. The one ebay store has the exact same kit at 5 different prices from $12.18 to $17.99 depending on the make of saw. I guess because a saw is orange and white it makes a difference. Some people are exploiting thieves.

I just ordered the kit for $5.60 shipped. I know it is an aftermarket kit but have never had any problems with any aftermarkets.

Tim, The 655 is resting comfortably..;) Just waiting for this old fart to get started on it. Might get started on in the next day or so, have to get some diesel fuel for the heater.. Been busy lately with other stuff. Just sold 61 acres of land at auction. Had the closing on that the other day. Then I thought I would try a new indoor hobby. Try brewing my first batch of home made beer! :cheers: This will be interesting. Just got it into the fermenting bucket about half hour ago. So will be quite awhile to see if its fit to drink. LOL

Gregg,

Always wanted to brew my own beer, let us know how it turns out Gregg! What style are you brewing?

I can't believe how many donkeys pay up to $18 for that kit on ebay. The one ebay store has the exact same kit at 5 different prices from $12.18 to $17.99 depending on the make of saw. I guess because a saw is orange and white it makes a difference. Some people are exploiting thieves.

I just ordered the kit for $5.60 shipped. I know it is an aftermarket kit but have never had any problems with any aftermarkets.

The same thing applies to finding parts for saws where manufacturers outsourced the engines or some of the parts they used. For example a starter off a Big Name Brand saw will bring better money than the identical one off a lesser brand. One fellow showed up here on AS looking for parts for a Big Name Brand saw and couldn't seem to get his mind around the idea that he could obtain at least some of the parts cheaper by looking for them under other brand names.

Hello just got a poulan 252 and it seems to be in good shape..I rebuilt carb and changed points and it fires first pull...the previous owner had it rebuilt 15 to 20 years ago..I pulled the exhaust off and looked at teh piston and rings and they show no scuffs as well the cylinder has no scuffs on it either.....I was wanting to know how rare and some history on this model and why was it only built one year...any help would be appreciated as well Thanks.

Attachments

• P_20160108_181030.jpg
    P_20160108_181030.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • P_20160108_181055.jpg
    P_20160108_181055.jpg
    861.9 KB · Views: 18
  • P_20160108_181108.jpg
    P_20160108_181108.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • P_20160108_181145.jpg
    P_20160108_181145.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • P_20160108_181200.jpg
    P_20160108_181200.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • P_20160108_181243.jpg
    P_20160108_181243.jpg
    936 KB · Views: 20
  • P_20160108_181355.jpg
    P_20160108_181355.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • P_20160108_181405.jpg
    P_20160108_181405.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Anyone take a guess to what pistons these are? The may be Homelite I don't know yet. Thin rings and around 1.93"

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
9d9fc22f2bc9ee905bab42bceca6e291.jpg

Hello just got a poulan 252 and it seems to be in good shape..I rebuilt carb and changed points and it fires first pull...the previous owner had it rebuilt 15 to 20 years ago..I pulled the exhaust off and looked at teh piston and rings and they show no scuffs as well the cylinder has no scuffs on it either.....I was wanting to know how rare and some history on this model and why was it only built one year...any help would be appreciated as well Thanks.
Suppose to be American light...Suppose to be easy one to brew and not screw up. I wouldn't bet money on that statement though. ;)

Gregg,

Price shipped to 99205?! Hahaha! I love craft beers and trying new ones. I'm a big IPA fan.

Lager

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Price shipped to 99205?! Hahaha! I love craft beers and trying new ones. I'm a big IPA fan.

All I can tell you is it says EASY for a newbie!! Thats me! Probably turn out to be skunk urine, but who knows..LOL
I was never into "craft beers", although many guys are. Some of the fellows from here that frequent are chainsaw GTG's are. I got another "kit" here that is American Pale Ale. Whatever that is..LOL Might try that one next, if this comes out drinkable. The one I just did is a Brewer's Best kit.

I'm thinking it is a lot easier and cheaper to just stop at the store and get a 12 pack of Miller High Life, that is what I drink..LOL

:cheers:
Gregg

[QMiller genuine draft for meUOTE="OhioGregg, post: 5709294, member: 27684"]All I can tell you is it says EASY for a newbie!! Thats me! Probably turn out to be skunk urine, but who knows..LOL
I was never into "craft beers", although many guys are. Some of the fellows from here that frequent are chainsaw GTG's are. I got another "kit" here that is American Pale Ale. Whatever that is..LOL Might try that one next, if this comes out drinkable. The one I just did is a Brewer's Best kit.

I'm thinking it is a lot easier and cheaper to just stop at the store and get a 12 pack of Miller High Life, that is what I drink..LOL

:cheers:
Gregg[/QUOTE]

Started the 3000 last night! Runs awesome like I expected it would coming from Bob. Also started all the other saws just since it'd been a few weeks since any had run, sure the neighbors loved that haha!

I need to bite the bullet and buy something to check for air leaks though on the saws I work on. I believe it was Poge or JeremiahJohnson that suggested I get a Mity Vac, don't remember which model, but what do you all suggest I get to use for checking for air leaks?

Back