Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 295 with a broken bolt on the side AV connection. I've tried drilling the broken stud but my small drills seem to be crap despite brand names. I've heard of drill bits that cut turning counterclockwise but not sure where to get them. Maybe the saw would be OK with just two AV connection points?

I want to get a saw small saw for the 4 wheeler. What is the smallest saw that is an upright like the 3400. Old mag case Jr version of the 3400 style. Help me out

Pretty hard to beat one of the 46cc plastic Poulans like a 4620 or 295. I carry one of those unless there's some serious stuff to clear. Nice and light and doesn't mind getting bashed around.

Pretty impressive little saws.

I want to get a saw small saw for the 4 wheeler. What is the smallest saw that is an upright like the 3400. Old mag case Jr version of the 3400 style. Help me out

I see a couple saws in your signature that could be a nice quad saw - Homelite 150, MS 251. If you want something bigger with less weight check out the Poulan 3300,335/ Craftsman 3.3. More power than the 295's almost the same weight, easy to work on and handles small to large ( 12-14" ) wood. The bad little more money, harder to find than a 295 and no chain brake. I strap mine on the quad rack with one bungie all of the time. It's just me I like a larger cc saw on my quad went doing a once over on the trails at camp. If there are any fresh falls I like to be able to make quick cuts and move on.

I have been using the ms251 but it isn't that nice shade of green. What I'd like to do is bolt my 34" bar on my 4000 and cut my own trail, but they don't like it lol. Have a line on a 2300cva that I'm going to look at today, I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your and every one else's help.

• Nice! There's a person on here with a big list of saws for sale. See if he might have a 2400 that he would part with ;) Same saw rear handle. Those 38 cc Poulans can handle more that you think. I bucked up some 10 " black locust for fun a few weekends ago. Surprised that heck out of me.

• Nice! 2400 that he would part with ;) Same saw rear handle. Those 38 cc Poulans can handle more that you think. I bucked up some 10 " black locust for fun a few weekends ago. Surprised that heck out of me.

I gave one of those to ms460woodchucks kids when he was younger. Good light trim saws and can run a 16" if needed.

Might ask him if he still has it.

I gave one of those to ms460woodchucks kids when he was younger. Good light trim saws and can run a 16" if needed.

Might ask him if he still has it.

Mine's the Craftsman version with the 18" bar. If I was not running a square chain I would drop it down to a 16. I like the extra reach...

If you want something bigger with less weight check out the Poulan 3300,335/ Craftsman 3.3. More power than the 295's almost the same weight, easy to work on and handles small to large ( 12-14" ) wood. The bad little more money, harder to find than a 295 and no chain brake. I strap mine on the quad rack with one bungie all of the time. It's just me I like a larger cc saw on my quad went doing a once over on the trails at camp. If there are any fresh falls I like to be able to make quick cuts and move on.

The Poulan 295 is 1 1\2 pounds lighter than a 335. Of course the 295 is only 46cc and the 335 is 54cc so it does have more power.

I have a few questions that probably have been answered years ago... I just can't find. Does anyone know the wrist pin diameter for a 4200? Is a 5200 cylinder a direct swap? Anyone ever tried a 066 p/c with the intake sealed off on a 5200 - is the bolt pattern almost the same - I see the stroke is pretty close ? I'm not doing anything. They are curiosity questions.

I have a few questions that probably have been answered years ago... I just can't find. Does anyone know the wrist pin diameter for a 4200? Is a 5200 cylinder a direct swap? Anyone ever tried a 066 p/c with the intake sealed off on a 5200 - is the bolt pattern almost the same - I see the stroke is pretty close ? I'm not doing anything. They are curiosity questions.

5200 P&C is a direct swap on a 4200.

Wrist pin dia is .5118" dia (13mm).

5200 piston dia is 2.06" or 52.32mm

Latest posts

Back