Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking for a couple choke knobs for the 3400`s. I have two saws that their broke on and cant find any.
The garbage plastic choke activator on my 2900 broke within the first year I owned it - replaced it with a piece of coat hanger bent to do the same function - the home-made METAL part has not broken since!

I've seen alot of realtree in green camo, but not orange camo like that one.

My bro had picked up a like new mostly all chrome one off a guy a year after a ice storm.
Have you see the mostly all chrome one? If not I might be able to dig up the old pics from 5 years ago.

I just snatched a 2075 oc off eBay. I about died when I found it then chose the buy it now and got it. Never seen anything like it before and it runs like a champ it had crazy compression and still does ! Just put a new chain on it today. Very sweet indeed. Does anyone have any info on when it was made ? Or how many ?

I just snatched a 2075 oc off eBay. I about died when I found it then chose the buy it now and got it. Never seen anything like it before and it runs like a champ it had crazy compression and still does ! Just put a new chain on it today. Very sweet indeed. Does anyone have any info on when it was made ? Or how many ?

Which one the chrome one? Think my brother gave 50 for his and sold it to a neighbor for the same. Just a conversation piece IMO.

Pics of the one I am talking about http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/chrome-poulan/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
First post on this thread. But really like the old Poulans, mostly because my dad ran a Dayton branded 245 forever when i was a boy. Anyway fellas, her she is 245a( I think). 125 lbs of dry cold compression. Runs good but probably needs some fine tuning, I'm getting better at tuning but still learning. Seems to have an odd sized 15 inch bar marked Homelite Serial 10385072, might say home series can't tell for sure, has 58 drive links. No compression release in the usual spot which I find odd perhaps an aftermarket cylinder. Needs a new clutch cover and the gas tank leaks a little around the base. Air filter needs some attention too. t just picked her up and working on the old man's Dayton too.

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_185634.jpg
    IMG_20190314_185634.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
First post on this thread. But really like the old Poulans, mostly because my dad ran a Dayton branded 245 forever when i was a boy. Anyway fellas, her she is 245a( I think). 125 lbs of dry cold compression. Runs good but probably needs some fine tuning, I'm getting better at tuning but still learning. Seems to have an odd sized 15 inch bar marked Homelite Serial 10385072, might say home series can't tell for sure, has 58 drive links. No compression release in the usual spot which I find odd perhaps an aftermarket cylinder. Needs a new clutch cover and the gas tank leaks a little around the base. I just picked her up and working on the old man's Dayton too.

Strange that someone put a homelite bar on it. Super cool tho !

First post on this thread. But really like the old Poulans, mostly because my dad ran a Dayton branded 245 forever when i was a boy. Anyway fellas, her she is 245a( I think). 125 lbs of dry cold compression. Runs good but probably needs some fine tuning, I'm getting better at tuning but still learning. Seems to have an odd sized 15 inch bar marked Homelite Serial 10385072, might say home series can't tell for sure, has 58 drive links. No compression release in the usual spot which I find odd perhaps an aftermarket cylinder. Needs a new clutch cover and the gas tank leaks a little around the base. Air filter needs some attention too. t just picked her up and working on the old man's Dayton too.

I bet it’s a ez bar !

Here's a pic of the old man's Dayton 2Z463B. Probably his favorite saw ever but put it in the shed 20 something years ago when the oiler stopped working and nobody around could gets parts or even a manual. The internet is pretty sweet for information on keeping old stuff running.

Attachments

• 15526136862381861348493.jpg
    15526136862381861348493.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
Here's a pic of the old man's Dayton 2Z463B. Probably his favorite saw ever but put it in the shed 20 something years ago when the oiler stopped working and nobody around could gets parts or even a manual. The internet is pretty sweet for information on keeping old stuff running.

That’s another beautiful saw my friend ! Get er going and watch out !!!!! Buuuzzzzzz !

The bar is a Homelite bar, same 176 mount so fits fine, Homelite did have different number of links for there bars hence the 58 DL count. Your 245A did not come with a decompression release, 245SA & your Dad’s Dayton did however.

That saw might be a 245 non auto Oiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, so the "A" must stand for auto sharp not auto oil then. What does "SA" stand for? Is 125lbs good compression for this machine or should I look for a new set of rings and such?

Latest posts

Back