Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been following the Poulan thread figured it was time to join in20200307_155959.jpg20200307_160014.jpg20200317_141939.jpg. Have been helping a friend clean up a large tree that fell on his property all the big stuff is cut so grabbed my 305 pro to finish up. I got the saw from a old shop that was cleaning up there warehouse this saw had a bad piston. I bought a poulan 3000 parts saw off ebay from a seller named ladybug which I'm sure some of you know (had a lot of saws ) Lots of good parts off that saw piston and ring were perfect also used the clutch cover/w chainbrake. Short story saw ran and cut great. This series Poulans are very nice besides the 305 pro have a smaller 2.8 46cc and a handful of the 3.3 saws. Here's a couple pictures of the 305 Pro cleaned it up and put new fuel lines on

I’ve been needing clutch covers for a couple of my 5200’s . I found this 4200 not too far from me with a good cover under $100 and thought it would be a good parts saw . Turns out it runs too good to be a parts saw and I didn’t have a 4200 so I still am on the lookout for clutch covers. That’s my excuse for another saw and I’m sticking to it . 3CC75282-9314-40A6-8A5F-5EEC794EEC42.jpeg

I just got word that the man who started this thread Fatguy Nik Tesla has passed away this day. My heart is breaking!

Mike

Oh no, that is not good. That is so sad to hear.

Nik was a great guy to have known and met. R.I.P.

GTG we were all at Mike.

nik.jpg

I’ve been needing clutch covers for a couple of my 5200’s . I found this 4200 not too far from me with a good cover under $100 and thought it would be a good parts saw . Turns out it runs too good to be a parts saw and I didn’t have a 4200 so I still am on the lookout for clutch covers. That’s my excuse for another saw and I’m sticking to it . View attachment 826443

Is that the running 4200 the guy is selling in the FB group chainsaw repair for $100. If not it was there yesterday still.

Haven't been in here for a while. Was planning to picking up a 46/49 cc saw but got buried in other projects including a $20 Husqvarna 154 missing some external pieces, Homelite 7-19 needing minor work, and my cousin's MS290 to 390 conversion.

I've "watched" a few of the saws from the 46/49 cc family on Ebay and occasionally get discounted offers from the sellers that they send out to the people watching. Haven't taken up any of them yet. I am going to need to clear out a few saws though as the runners are starting to pile up and frankly I do not need that many.

Back