Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helping a guy in CRG with info and just mailed him the ring needed.
He couldnt figure out why he couldnt get the 36.5 ring compressed to go in cylinder. Broke a new ring in end.

I thought of a couple micros I had on shelf and pulled apart for a look. Was thinking one might have a ring he could use. After I showed him this he understood.

pmicrop.jpgpmicrop36.jpgpmicropp.jpgpmicropgrey.jpgpmicrosq.jpg

Those thangs must be like stray dogs your way. Give them a little food and the never leave.

Steve Sidwell
Steve They had a 3400 bow saw there and I didn’t even pick it up and look at it . I’m getting better ! But I do think I’m going to thin the heard a little bit ,so something has got to go .

18" is what's on my wild thing. It's been pulling that size for a long time. What will hurt is a dull or damaged chain that won't cut or the saw isn't tuned correctly. Strato saws are tuned differently than a non strato saw. You can run a 14 or 16" if you want but wouldn't go past 18".

Steve Sidwell

I like trading with folks when they need parts I have on hand. Not about the $ with me.
I know folks make their own and poulan has a tool. But this just looked good to have in the tool chest.

Copy and paste alot of his info from website.
HOMELITE POULAN MCCULLOCH WRIST PIN AND BEARING REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION TOOL

Took this on trade on a poulan cylinder and piston.
https://www.sawsalvage.co/products/...ctor-removal-tool?_pos=2&_sid=ca7a973d4&_ss=r

SOME TYPICAL SAWS THIS WILL WORK FOR:

Homelite 330
Homelite 350, 360, 450, 550, 650, 750
Poulan 3400,3700,3800,4000 etc
Mac 10-series, 700 SERIES
Mac 600 Series
Mac Large Frame

Easily and simply pull and reinstall your wrist pin for piston replacement on the aforementioned saws. Also can be used to remove and install piston pin bearings with the larger M8 screws.
REALLY STUBBORN PINS MAY REQUIRE SOME HEAT
If you want to see a video of us using it search YouTube for:"The Duke's Saw Salvage Poulan, McCulloch, Homelite Wrist Pin Removal Tool Explained"

We use a thread insert and proper screw to step down the socket cap screw on this tool so it can be used for smaller diameter wrist pins.
Will come with:
Tool
Stainless Steel Thread Insert (Made in USA)
2-M8 Screws
2-M5 12.9 Hardness Stainless Screws
Makes a tough job a little bit simpler!

Holding is the correct word. This mess put a hold on getting any pistons to test. Overall it is a wonderful kit and will be fantastic when it becomes available. It's a waiting game for now.
Today I went and cleaned up the 2 piles of rounds and chips from the testing this winter. Told myself I wasn't going to do that again until I have a better place to do it. Fun but a waste of wood. Had 1 load of rounds and another one of chips.

Latest posts

Back