Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did make one but this new one is simple and easy to use. Mine pushes the pin out and the new one pulls the pin out. Mine had to be very heavy to push but the new one does it with a 5mm bolt. Mine was like pushing a chain .

If’n you turn the 8mm allen head down to
0.430 “ OD, you can accurately pull the 4200/5400 wrist pins into their exact centered position in 2 steps.

After pulling the WP in to “about centered”, then removing tool & installing both the C clips, the WP wasn't centered. I kept heating the piston & tapping the WP back & forth, going inside the C clips with a brass punch, trying to center it (without the tool).

Well, I chased my tail for too long trying that method, as it would go too far one way or the other, with a hammer tap.

I stopped & modded one of the M8 allen bolt heads OD & then installed the tool again.

The smaller head OD now will pull the WP through/down inside of the installed C clip in the piston’s pin hole, making it easy to see the gap & make the needed centering adjustment using the screw & no heat.

I hate to send a saw out that has either of the WP ends pressing up against a C clip...

3D531481-72F0-426F-8D7B-1FF65C6C55A8.jpeg

Heck no clue if even original. Figure how much could be changed by folks over the years.

I just know it came on a micro parts saw like 12-15 years ago. Seen others I have done with them too.

The 1982 Tillotson application chart shows HU-10A's being used on micros and 25 series. I think all I've come across have the WT's

That confirmed what I was seeing on some of the early micro's I sold and traded to collectors. :rock:

Looking at the tilley application chart it list 3-4 models micro's used the tilleys early on.

Even this website shows a few of them. Same ones listed on tilley app chart. .

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...204dbc75fe1c1ca488256bfc00108c75?OpenDocument
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6e87c2a6c4824f6a88256bfa00192646?OpenDocument
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...be49b07a4d4fa22b88256bfc001103c6?OpenDocument

Tim those saws listed is some of the ones I had that I thought I recalled seeing them on.
I was flat out told by a poulan guy it never happened and he was certain of it. I seen different so was thinking he was wrong. ;)

Got that link saved in like 4 different spots now. Hopefully they dont all disappear and the ole mind can remember which sites and groups their in.

Some of the saws if not feasible builds got parted into bins. Why I still have this one micro tilley carb.

ptilley.jpg

Good to see you here Roger. I trust all is well in your area.

Hi Tim things are going well. Been going through a lot of my saws the last month and half and done crank seals on 5 of them now.
I am ready to get back up into the mountains and cut down some trees for firewood. I am a little more than 3 years out on the firewood so all I have to do is replace what I burn and what I mill. Good to see you.

Latest posts

Back