Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am taking this 3400 and changing it to 3700. I have NOS rings for it so those will go on it too. So today I got the piston switched over and lowered the squish to .022". I also opened up the plastic intake manifold. So next will be to port the cylinder and modify the muffler.

Removing old piston.
View attachment 834684

3700 piston installed with the new rings laying there. I left them off until I got the squish set.
View attachment 834685
Did u simply sand the cylinder base or use some other more exotic method? If sanded how much surface do u estimate you removed?

This PP445 has been listed on my website and group. If someone is wanting to add a 71cc quad port to their collection just PM me.

These pics is saw still dirty from use before selling the full wrap handle off it to a guy that wanted both full wrap set ups.

IMO and others it is the hardest to find and the best one in series. I have 4 of them but only 2 runners in 445. This one has the best covers.

Oh noticed I have my husky flippy cap on gas. I will put the oem right caps.

p445fw.jpgp445fww.jpg

Cylinder is on and the muff mod is done. I am waiting on carb kit so it can be done and then I will finish it off.

Are you planning to use a 4000 starter, steel inserted pulley hub & FW?

I’ve busted the original plastic 3400 series teeth clean off the pulleys on high compression squish mods like that...just saying.

Are you planning to use a 4000 starter, steel inserted pulley hub & FW?

I’ve busted the original plastic 3400 series teeth clean off the pulleys on high compression squish mods like that...just saying.
I will start out with the 3400 starter. If it breaks I will upgrade to the 4000.

Here’s a pic of my $50 Poulan Pro 330.
85c096e315ea3411c81de7dd70529179.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back