NLA Gasket Scan Thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67L36Driver
Using a full size scan of a gasket, one can make a pattern with copy paper and transfer that to the correct gasket material.

The Poulan crowd have started compiling a few but maybe it would be good to have a sticky where we can file scans of gaskets that are NLA or just hard to find.

I think I have enuff credits but wanted to run the idea up the flagpole for comments.

What say you fellas.

Carl.

half_full

half_full

ArboristSite Guru
It would be awesome if I could run gasket paper in my printer.

Although it would be handy to have templates I often just make as I go. I keep a variety of gasket paper on hand. If a gasket is required one would have the hard parts available that the gasket fits between.

67L36Driver
Just for an example.

Echo CS-550EVL gasket set.

attachment.php

They appear way oversize here but,if printed full size (1:1) and black & white should work as patterns.

lefturnfreek

lefturnfreek

Sharpen the chain, chuck chips ...repeat...
Unfortunately I have nothing in the way of adding to the list of NLA gaskets but I will encourage anyone with any old gasket to get it scanned and post it up as more and more parts and gaskets are obsolete way to quickly in the name of sell a whole new thing as compared to parts to repair it.

Cantdog
This could be a good catalogue. I have several scans of old Jonsereds gaskets I keep on file.. I can't speak for all printers but the all-in-one scanner printer I had at the shop could run the 1/32" paper gasket material from NAPA fine. I just cut it into 8 1/2" X 11" just like reg printer paper. This is used for cyl base gaskets, carb gaskets etc. Another thing to consider when setting up a template......take a cyl base gasket for instance, the carb or manifold gasket fits in the interior of the base gasket, so print them both at once to save wasting of the gasket mterial from the center of the cyl gasket. If you need a cyl base gasket you'll propably need a carb gasket as well. Just a thought...it's how I do it. I have a 8.5" X 11"template of 49sp, 52/52E cyl base gaskets and carb gaskets...I print 9 to a time because that's how many fit on one page....and I'm always needing them...and the carb gaskets fit many other models as well....