No good deed goes uinpunished

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I still can't get in the normal way, have to go in from my "history". Tried the search functions but not working. I started a thread by that title at least a month ago, this is the update.

Back story. I was working a grove of locust in a farmers field. Had everything out that would not fall in the field. That left 8 trees. I didn't want the major problem of cleaning up after dead/dying locusts fell in the field (looks like bomb when off with trash everywhere). Sooo...

Told Ben he could have them but he needed to get permission from the farmer. He didn't until it was time to be working on it - made one phone call wih no answer. I told him I would work with with him on it as I didn't think Steve would mind.

1st trip two weeks ago and I found he had only a very clapped out Poulan 335. Okay, so we used my saws and I gave him my old Husky 51 that had more problems than I cared to deal with - great saw when running though. His time was limited due to several part time jobs plus National guard (currently he is on the 2 week training). He did get in two more trips which were a big help.

Bottom line was instead of avoiding the work and clean-up, I wound up doing all the falling, most of the bucking, most of the hauling and way over half the cleanup. :) He has a good sized pile of rounds to pick up from my place when he gets back from Guard.

Was a great time and I did take 2 of the trees to add to my pile.

Finished up today by cutting rounds off the stumps. Could get a few more but I doubt if I will go back for them.

Sorry no final pics - camera forgot to jump in the truck.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back