"No more expensive tree service bills!!"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's perfect, now I can put my ladder away. :laugh: :laugh:

I'll stick to mechanical levitation devices.

Last edited:
no more expensive tree service bills

i love the fact that they work best when you stand directly under the branch you want to cut. i got $ 25.00 to go up and retrieve one once. 82 i think

They have been selling those for years.Since the late 80's if I remember correctly.

I crack up each time I see those buggers in catalogs. I have yet to see a person ever use one.

I crack up each time I see those buggers in catalogs. I have yet to see a person ever use one.

I see em all the time. Don't ask what I am doing recon-ing my clients garages and work shops but... they say they work. One guy showed me the split in his forehead.
I don't know why they have a twenty foot pole saw either. Easier and safer just to run up and cut it with a chainsaw. Get a better cut too And that is the important thing.
Biggest thing I try to cut by hand is around 4 inches and I 'd rather be above it. Biggest pole I got is 8 feet plus the head.

Last edited:
I think there are two versions; The real one which cuts both directions and the one that is just a piece of saw chain... which don't do ####.

I bet the branches fall perfectly without any peeling either.

Sure... as long as you pull the ropes back and forth REEEAAAALLLLLL fast just before the limb falls!!

One of my friends actually had one of these back in the late 70's / early 80's when we were Boy Scouts. He bragged about being able to cut "fresh firewood" easier. While he was TRYING to make it cut, we had already gathered up good dry wood off the ground and had a fire built. He never did get it to work.

Back