No More Heating With Firewood In New York?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. I may add more fuel to the fire.

This is just a guy offering his opinions off the top of his head on you tube. These are not facts. He has not read the law either I imagine. Here is the actual plan. These are the facts: https://climate.ny.gov/Our-Climate-Act/Draft-Scoping-Plan
There are 800 something pages of nonsense - I certainly do not have time to read that but I searched the word wood and here is where wood burning is mentioned: Page 78 mentions some harmful particulate matter from burning wood. Because burning wood does release harmful stuff. Page 85 mentions reducing wood combustion. Page 130 talks about using heat pumps and using wood (or other things) as a back up heat source. Page 234 talks about finding more diverse uses for NY wood other than firewood and current uses. That is is it out of 800 pages and everyone here has there panties in a twist over that. If any of the above facts offend you you can put your comments here: https://nyserda.seamlessdocs.com/f/DraftScopingComments Where they will matter. i am so tired of overly dramatic liberals and conservatives just making **** up. Also all you out of staters - well no one asked you to come here and kill things or live here stay in your own state.

This is just a guy offering his opinions off the top of his head on you tube. These are not facts. He has not read the law either I imagine. Here is the actual plan. These are the facts: https://climate.ny.gov/Our-Climate-Act/Draft-Scoping-Plan
There are 800 something pages of nonsense - I certainly do not have time to read that but I searched the word wood and here is where wood burning is mentioned: Page 78 mentions some harmful particulate matter from burning wood. Because burning wood does release harmful stuff. Page 85 mentions reducing wood combustion. Page 130 talks about using heat pumps and using wood (or other things) as a back up heat source. Page 234 talks about finding more diverse uses for NY wood other than firewood and current uses. That is is it out of 800 pages and everyone here has there panties in a twist over that. If any of the above facts offend you you can put your comments here: https://nyserda.seamlessdocs.com/f/DraftScopingComments Where they will matter. i am so tired of overly dramatic liberals and conservatives just making **** up. Also all you out of staters - well no one asked you to come here and kill things or live here stay in your own state.
Yep that goes for you liberal New Yorkers too. And you sound like one.

This thread is a perfect example of whats happening all over. An semi-accurate thread is posted designed to rile up one side or the other and plenty of people take the bait. So disappointing.
You know that sounds like a put down. Why not just tell the rest of the story so people will be better informed.
You're so disappointing.

This thread is a perfect example of whats happening all over. An semi-accurate thread is posted designed to rile up one side or the other and plenty of people take the bait. So disappointing.

I have been curious this whole time as to why the OP has not replied to any of this complaining about living in NY. The OP started quite the conversation..

Yep that goes for you liberal New Yorkers too. And you sound like one.
Well I have guns, a gas burning atv, a 1952 Fergusen, a chainsaw, I burn wood, have solar panels, work in a school, love NY, live on 40 acres, love facts, hate people's opinions based on nothing, hate conspiracy theories, and just came here looking for chainsaw information so whatever that makes me. There is not so much chainsaw information here but there are a lot of unhappy people with too much time on their hands so .....

Well I have guns, a gas burning atv, a 1952 Fergusen, a chainsaw, I burn wood, have solar panels, work in a school, love NY, live on 40 acres, love facts, hate people's opinions based on nothing, hate conspiracy theories, and just came here looking for chainsaw information so whatever that makes me. There is not so much chainsaw information here but there are a lot of unhappy people with too much time on their hands so .....
There are plenty of people here who know their chainsaw business. But when you make comments such as you did you are just stirring up the pot too.

Quote.
Also all you out of staters - well no one asked you to come here and kill things or live here stay in your own state. End Quote.

Sounds like some unhappiness going on there.

Maybe a Troll.

I have been a member of this board since 2007 I do not see the need to post a lot.

I keep my mouth shut and my ears open something some others should thank about.

I am in my late 70's and have been heating my 2000 sq home with a wood heater for over 30 years my helper is my wife of 54 years we love our wood heater.

I don’t believe we have cut down a tree that was either dead or going to be cut down anyway.

Just for a little more information that is none of your business I and my wife can reach a handgun in every room in our house (not locked up either) we don't leave home without one.

Manly because my city I controlled by (liberals) Democrats.

I have learned a lot from Y'all over the years.

So if someone won't to call me a Troll that’s ok with me but you can kiss my Alabama a--.

There are three types of people: sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves

Why would you remain a member of the Democrat party??

One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children what their
fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up --
Fireman, mechanic, businessman, salesman, doctor, lawyer, and
so forth.

But little Justin was being uncharacteristically quiet,
so when the teacher prodded him about his father, he replied,
"My father's an Exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off his
clothes in front of other Men and they put money in his
underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really Good, he will go
home with some guy and make love with him for money.

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set
the other Children to work on some exercises and then took
little Justin aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"
"No," the boy said, "He works for the Democratic National Committee and is
helping to secure the Nomination of Hillary Clinton in 2008, but
I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids!"

Has always been part of the inspection process has it been enforced no . Any modification is and has been illegal by state and federal law for the past 20 years . This law increases the fines for excessively noisy exhausted. So what is excessively noisy?

This amendment increases the fines nothing else

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/go...wn-noisy-illegal-mufflers-and-exhaust-systems
Interesting read about the myths and facts of what it does. The amendment deals with straight pipes cutouts and cat /muffler deletes.

https://www.semasan.com/legislative...vs-fiction-new-york-exhaust-noise-legislation
Considering the absolutely tiny percentage of vehicles that fit that law, why bother? Don't they have anything better to do?

Whats not to understand? We have a whole bunch of people that have decided to treat firearms like toys and post to youtube. Add a bunch of idiots that decide to play call of duty in their local school and stir with the "mainstream media and you have an ever increasing number of people that don't view them as tools and do view them as a threat. The solution? Heck if I know. One step is to try to educate and inform people that firearms are tools and not toys.
The problem is that parents have largely stopped educating their kids on even the most basic stuff and are leaving it up to the public schools. That's a very bad thing...

You want to tell me leaving your guns around is the way to go? Great. But if one of your childrens friends gets ahold of one and accidentally or intentionally shoots someone, who’s fault is it? Did Baldwin murder someone? No but by letting functioning firearms on the set with live ammo and then allowing people to handle guns in unsafe manner where gun safety rules will intentionally be broken then I do believe he is in some regards criminally responsible. I love nothing better than letting the grand kids handle and learn all about my guns. Love taking them target shooting. If they want to handle one of the guns they only have to ask. If they do get hold of one they do know what they can do and how they can safely handle them. I don’t leave my guns laying around. Another point of responsibility you probably won’t agree with, “hurting accidents”. I don’t believe in them. I’ve been hunting for over forty years. You go out in the woods and “accidentally” shot another person, on you. Know your target. Know the backstop. Can’t accept the responsibility, don’t go in the woods and shoot things.
Sorry for the thread drift. The guns thing does tie into NY burning laws a little but not much. More than willing to continue the discussion in a more appropriate thread ( point me at it) or via pm. Not here though.
Live ammo wasn't allowed on the set.

You sound like a really likable fellow...

1. This thread started when a guy from Alabama got upset because he thought NY intends to outlaw burning wood for heat. Fact: NY intends no such thing.

2. This thread has devolved into 3, 4, 5? kinds of political argument.

Can we please put a lid on this stupid thing and call it done?
In all fairness I do burn wood in my NY home...lol

If any of the above facts offend you you can put your comments here: https://nyserda.seamlessdocs.com/f/DraftScopingComments Where they will matter.
you've GOT to be kidding, right?

you think your comments are read by the people proposing this legislation? Seriously? :laughing:

They've been working on this for a long time and NOTHING you say is going to change the legislators minds, nothing. What's in this is what's going to happen. Face it. They think they're smarter than you and that's why they're proposing this stuff. The public comment period is just another step of the process and NOTHING mandates that they have to read and listen to anything the public says.

I'll be back to kill some big bucks again next year and good luck:cheers:

Latest posts

Back