No More Logger's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You OLD guys don't, very true. The tree huggers of the 60's grew up and raised a new batch of educated tree huggers. The new environmentalists are more reasonable, my experience anyways, and the extremists are not taken seriously and mostly ignored. The Maine hippies are different than the Oregon hippies though. :cheers:

I'd argue with you but I've spent most of the day arguing with people. I'll get to you later though...count on it.:)

In the meantime...go clone a rhutabega. Phhhfffffft.

And if you get an MS or PHD in Forestry or some resource related field, you know everything there is about those subjects. No need to have worked in the woods, reading and writing papers will do. :chainsaw:
I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not. I've seen too much.

Don't you get upset when the higher ups decree that all loggers have no clue what they are doing and they would clear cut the forests if they could?

Kind of the same thing. Not all MS or PhD's think they know everything.

(Oh, and you usually get paid to go to graduate school.)

In the meantime...go clone a rhutabega. Phhhfffffft.

Hey Bob, I don't really care to argue about the hippies out west. There are more important matters to attend to. I have fresh tomatoes!

No rhutabega but I have some great hybrid tomatoes in the greenhouse right now. I love having that thing, fresh veggies all year. I am working on a hybrid with Brandywine and beefsteak tomatoes. After I get the size of the beefsteak with the taste/texture of the Brandywine, I am going to cross it with a purple variety for the antioxidants.

I can send you some seeds if you want. Not sure if you like tomatoes.

:cheers:

Hey Bob, I don't really care to argue about the hippies out west. There are more important matters to attend to. I have fresh tomatoes!

No rhutabega but I have some great hybrid tomatoes in the greenhouse right now. I love having that thing, fresh veggies all year. I am working on a hybrid with Brandywine and beefsteak tomatoes. After I get the size of the beefsteak with the taste/texture of the Brandywine, I am going to cross it with a purple variety for the antioxidants.

I can send you some seeds if you want. Not sure if you like tomatoes.

Sounds great! I don't have time to tend a garden...but my sister does. I'll PM you this weekend. Want some kiwis in exchange?

Yes, we do have do that here. In the words of a deceased logger, That's Just The Way Things Are. Now, does anybody know where the oil drain plug is located on a Chevy Colorado? That's kind of important right now. :)

As for politically correct language..it sucks.

hello from beautiful (ugh!) iraq.
the plug is on the thingamajig under the watchamacallit.
you'll see it no problems.

Yeah, the Oregon hippies and the Maine hippies are completely different. Here the hippies are all about using what is in the earth, not this we are raping the earth stuff you have out there.

I know nothing about west coast logging. LOL! I do have a Pioneer P60 with a full wrap handle if that counts! Even a long bar.

Hardwood logging is what I was raised on and paid for my parents house and my food growing up. Skidders and tri-axle log trucks.

Up here in Maine is mostly pulp wood with harvesters. Some of University forests have some beautiful trees though. If you think there aren't any big conifers on the east you need to come out and see. PA especially has big trees, it used to have the largest tree east of the Mississippi. Might still be the largest.

YEP that's true. look at photos from 1900, & today PA was bald 100 yrs ago. Penn State started to hire "shanty boys, & river pigs" to replant & now look.

Eyes on the prize...long as your name is spelled correctly on the check who cares what they call you?

A new set of rules to play by (more every year) bad, bad lumber markets, and a new animal or invertibrate is sure to be threatened next. I'd say it's a great time to jump into the business :dizzy:

What happens when we become the endangered species! :confused:

:censored: :censored: :censored: new pickups. It has some big pieces of shielding underneath, I can't even see the oil pan or I'd have it draining by now. The filter is right out in the open. I've also got a "helpful" dog assisting.
I'll go look again.:confused:

If the gov't had anything to do w/ its engineering there ain't no drain hole. oil leaks out of holes and thats bad.

Latest posts

Back