No poulans at Home depot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralawler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was at Home depot Friday, notice no Poulans saws. Guy working in outdoor area said they were phasing them out. All stores. Said they were going with Echo and Homelite . Makita still in rental department.

I'm Devestated

I was at Home depot Friday, notice no Poulans saws. Guy working in outdoor area said they were phasing them out. All stores. Said they were going with Echo and Homelite . Makita still in rental department.

<sniff>What, no Wild Thing?</sniff>
:ices_rofl:

Echo and Homelite in my HD. They are the newer, orange Echos. The seem to be well built for a less expensive saw-though no mag cases:) . Might pick up a new model 40 cc ish, just to try out, after maybe a 50 cc ish Dolmar at the dealer........

My Home Depot gave the shelf space to the Echo and Homelite saws. The Poulans are out on a center stand. No signage for price, just tie on price tags. Kind of made me wonder.

Matt

The homolites suck just as much as the POS poulans.

Ones gotta remember these are home owner saws!! homelite was good in its day!! they just didnt keep up with the times!!! A super 2 beat using a handsaw thats for sure!! Now I wouldnt even consider it!!!

LXT..........

I owned a poulan 306a and still use a micro xxv for trim work. They were good stuff 20 years ago. I wouldn't't be surprised if they were completely out of the saw business in another 5 years.

The homolites suck just as much as the POS poulans.

I have an old Poulan Pro branded Craftsman that I bought brand new over twenty years ago and it cut about 5 million cords! Enough to heat my house for twenty years. All that I have ever done to it was replace fuel lines, spark plug, bar and chains. It has never failed to start and cut, it has never coughed once. So I beg to differ in a friendly kinda way.

I have an old Poulan Pro branded Craftsman that I bought brand new over twenty years ago and it cut about 5 million cords! Enough to heat my house for twenty years. All that I have ever done to it was replace fuel lines, spark plug, bar and chains. It has never failed to start and cut, it has never coughed once. So I beg to differ in a friendly kinda way.

Today's poulans and homelites are not the poulans and homelites of 20 years ago. The new ones are homeowner throw away crap.

Those woodsharks are bada$$...:greenchainsaw:

Well I dont know anything about poulons, so if you say the wood sharks are bad a$$ then I'll take it at face value, although I suspect there might have been a touch of sarcasm there. But they also had a wild thing etc. they had a few models to choose from. They any good?? I don't know. the only poulan I have is the engine for a 25 LB, 100 inch wingspan R/C plane, And I have never even fired it up.

Latest posts

Back