NO SPILL fuel jugs my butt...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between myself and the neighbor, we have at least 6 No-Spill cans of various sizes. The only leaks have come from cracks in the black plastic base that attaches the cap to the can. It can definitely crack from being tightened too strenuously and perhaps from excessive pressure built up if sealed can is left in a hot location. Every one of them start and stop pouring just as advertised.

Regarding the OP's problem, I'd use a flat piece of material to check that the top of the can opening is perfectly flat so it can make a tight seal with the o-ring. If not that, elves???

Mine doesn't leak, but the lack of a vent causes some shrinkage and swelling issues. I find myself leaving the cap loose unless I'm transporting or using it.

They all suck in my opinion. I've spilled more gas with the "new" "safer" cans than I ever did with the old dangerous cans. The only ones worth a tinkers damn is the Uline or Eagle cans. Or you can find old cans at garage sales and buy those.

I still have quite a few of the older plastic fuel jugs. Looks as if I might go back to using them more often.

If I can find the receipt for the NO SPILL jug, it's going back to Ace Hardware. I usually save receipts in case things like this come up.

d4055246d4c4abc2bec2fb9b11ed2656.png
best. Jug. Ever

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

Are you sure it's leaking from the screw on cap while it's sitting on your workbench ? That seems about impossible to me, maybe the red container part is cracked somewhere and that's where it's leaking from.

I bought and brought one f these Kombi gas/oil cans 5 years ago an it has been flawless. Everyone who sees it wants one and I wish Stihl would allow us to sell them! The auto stop works every time with he gas and the oil. I have no had any issues when it is cold outside either. I am sure members from the EU will agree that these work beautifully.

$_57.JPG

I bought and brought one f these Kombi gas/oil cans 5 years ago an it has been flawless. Everyone who sees it wants one and I wish Stihl would allow us to sell them! The auto stop works every time with he gas and the oil. I have no had any issues when it is cold outside either. I am sure members from the EU will agree that these work beautifully.

$_57.JPG
Where do you get those?

Are you sure it's leaking from the screw on cap while it's sitting on your workbench ? That seems about impossible to me, maybe the red container part is cracked somewhere and that's where it's leaking from.

Nope......it's most definitely leaking from under the black screw-on cap. The O-ring is in place and in excellent condition, and I can't find any defects of any kind in the molding process.

I even had my wife come out to the garage and take a good close look at everything. She's a Hell of a seamstress, and she tends to notice little things that are bad or wrong.

I found the receipt for the jug. It's going back to Ace Hardware today.

I'd prefer a refund, but I'll swap it out if they ask.
Dude it's a cheap gas can you bought a year ago, just replace it. It sounds like you have a bad one, no big deal. If you want try another one, if it leaks take it back immediately and get something else.

I recommend an Eagle can, they're all metal and seal completely with a strong spring loaded cap. If I remember correctly a five gallon runs around $50.00 That's what I use for storage, the plastic wonders are not really for keeping fuel in for longer periods, you want metal for that.

Dude it's a cheap gas can you bought a year ago, just replace it. It sounds like you have a bad one, no big deal. If you want try another one, if it leaks take it back immediately and get something else.

I recommend an Eagle can they're all metal and seal completely with a strong spring loaded cap. If I remember correctly a five gallon runs around $50.00 That's what o use for storage, the plastic wonders are not really for keeping fuel in for longer periods, you want metal for that.

What makes you think the plastic No Spill cans are not good for storing gas in ? Lots of vehicles have plastic tanks these days and I think there great because they eliminate the chances of rusted out tanks or rust in the gas.

I recommend an Eagle can, they're all metal and seal completely with a strong spring loaded cap. If I remember correctly a five gallon runs around $50.00 That's what I use for storage, the plastic wonders are not really for keeping fuel in for longer periods, you want metal for that.

First off, it's not cheap. Damn thing was like $26.00 or so and change. Second thing is, I expect more than a year of use.

I'm going to try another one just to see what happens. If it leaks, it'll go back asap. Ace Hardware also sells the Eagle fuel cans. I will look at them while I'm there.

BTW......I've used other brands of plastic fuel cans and jugs w/o any issues for years and years. I still have some that are well over 15 yrs. old. Metal fuel containers, no matter how well made, tend to rust, chip, and dent over time. At least that's been my experience.

What makes you think the plastic No Spill cans are not good for storing gas in ? Lots of vehicles have plastic tanks these days and I think there great because they eliminate the chances of rusted out tanks or rust in the gas.
These thin cans will never seal up like a metal can and the thin plastic hdpe cans still have some oxygen transfer. Metal is the way to go.

Back