Noodles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a stand I built for noodling. I noodle all my wood to season for next year, about the only one in this area to burn straight birch, cut it all green and let dry for a year. Notice 361 resting View attachment 320055View attachment 320056

But you have to lift it up to get it in the stand...no disrespect but isnt that defeating the purpose...or are you splitterphobic...not that there is anything wrong with that ya know.... :)

My old shoulders after many years of use are junk, went from an 8# maul to a 6# maul to a 4# Fiskars. I really don't use the fire starter but my neighbors do. I just love to run my multitude of saws, a couple have been modified for noodling. The wood does stack good. That wood is going to stay out there in the woods until next summer, when it's hot it will be run through splitter and stacked in woodshed.

I enjoy doing some noodling, I always tell people I like running a saw more than running a splitter. I have an outdoor wood boiler and can put in some large chunks. I haul my wood home from the woods in 12-15 foot lengths in the dump truck. My wife will pick a log up from the end with the grapple on the skidsteer and hold it out for me, I will noodle my way thru it with a 25" bar then turn and buck off the chunks and let the pieces fall to the ground. Alot of my wood only gets actually handled by my hands one time and thats when I pick it up off the ground and throw it in the stove. Works for me.

Back