North Missouri Fall Saw races/GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on shirt possibilities right now if enough people people want one. The idea I had is making the shirts more personal and putting our names on it. Anyone think of something else that could help or make things more interesting? Any shirt slogan ideas?

Ok folks August 17th & 18th in Hamilton, Missouri is the date and location. I'll be putting on the first saw races and gtg for the North Missouri Gas & Steam Engine show. This festival is a large festival that has tractor/truck pulls, mud runs and large showing of outdoor equipment. Since there's never been anything chainsaw related I mentioned the idea and they loved it. I've been asked how much room we'd need and there will be plentiful parking. Food and concessions plentiful and the trip could be a great setting for a family get away.

The races will go in according class with the top end of the saw.

For now the classes will be set up as such:

Pipe saws will be in their own class. And there will be a big bar challenge because many saws are fast with small bars and race chains. The larger bar will separate the performance to a more comparable level.

45-55 cc Stock
45-55 cc Modified

56-65 cc Stock
56-65 cc Modified

66-75 cc Stock
66-75 cc Modified

76-85 cc Stock
76-85 cc Modified

86-95cc Stock
86-95cc Modified

95+ Stock
95+ Modified

I'd like to see everyone show up and support this. I believe it's going to be both fun for us and the public. Any questions or comments/ideas would be greatly appreciated just post them here. I'll likely be doing the bulk of all of this myself so helping me with the thinking part would help.

Is this still on?

I've never done any chainsaw races but usually don't pass up the chance to have a couple beers and run a chainsaw. is there any chance I can the rules for the stock classes so that I can spread the word. Just need
to know if muffler mods and race chains are being used or if it has to be all stock with lp,lgx,rsc style chains?

I've never done any chainsaw races but usually don't pass up the chance to have a couple beers and run a chainsaw. is there any chance I can the rules for the stock classes so that I can spread the word. Just need
to know if muffler mods and race chains are being used or if it has to be all stock with lp,lgx,rsc style chains?

Run what ha brung. We won't be running saws if you've been drinking though. After the saws are shut down do as you please. But race chains are fine muffler mods will be considered modified unless there's only a couple of strictly stock saws show up. Please feel free to spread the word.

I'll be there with several stock saws. Not planning on winning but look forward to meeting some guys from AS in our area. I'm sure after this event I'll be looking to have all my saws ported.

I'll be there with several stock saws. Not planning on winning but look forward to meeting some guys from AS in our area. I'm sure after this event I'll be looking to have all my saws ported.

I'm in the area and I port saws :msp_biggrin:

Run what ha brung. We won't be running saws if you've been drinking though. After the saws are shut down do as you please. But race chains are fine muffler mods will be considered modified unless there's only a couple of strictly stock saws show up. Please feel free to spread the word.

We always considered muffler mods as stock..
And stuff...

Cancelled

I'm calling the dogs off for this fall. I'm hoping to have them this spring as I'd like to not waste everything I have cut. Recent chain of event's has my finances going to more important places. I apologize for the inconvenience and bummed myself as I had looked forward to having the races.

Yes... Too much going on, and not enough time to get things around and do it right...
Best to postpone rather than force it.

That's what it boils down to.

Guys I'd rather apologize for postponing than you driving up for something half azzed. That's not the way I do thing's. I'd rather shoot for spring where we all could be little less rushed to be places. The spring will give me time to have everything organized and make it a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Back