North Missouri Fall Saw races/GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think there will be many pipe saws there, just the Minnesota group not able to make it will be the majority of them.. But... If we're lucky a bunch will show up and that will justify having there own class..

I really don't think there will be many pipe saws there, just the Minnesota group not able to make it will be the majority of them.. But... If we're lucky a bunch will show up and that will justify having there own class..

Man I hope people show up for this. I'll look like an idiot if 15 people show up and there's 50 saws there. That'd hardly make it worth the work I'm already putting into it. I was hoping being more centrally located would bring more people in. Looks like the folks from Iowa are going to be as far north as people will be coming from. Man I don't want to look stupid and have to scratch a bunch of classes.

I'm sure lots of people will show with lots of saws but I question on how many saws with pipes will be around. Gotta remember man, this will be your first gtg that your hosting.. If its as great as it sounds it will be the next year if that's an option will be that much better. It's still early, give it time.

The dollar race will be 3 step timed race. Noodling, bucking and 1 cant Aussie style pass. I think minimum bar length should be 28inches and work chains only.

Pipe saws will be in their own class.

Vintage class

45-55 cc Stock#
45-55 cc Modified#

56-65 cc Stock
56-65 cc Modified

66-75 cc Stock
66-75 cc Modified

76-85 cc Stock
76-85 cc Modified

86-95cc Stock
86-95cc Modified

95+ Stock
95+ Modified

If I missed something let me know.

A. Define work chain...:hmm3grin2orange:
B. I'll have a minimum of 4 racers if not 5 with me...
We'll try to have a saw in every class..

A. Define work chain...:hmm3grin2orange:
B. I'll have a minimum of 4 racers if not 5 with me...
We'll try to have a saw in every class..

you can use any chain to work with just may not last as long.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

:hmm3grin2orange: Something you can bore cut into hardwood and last longer than 10 minutes.

It's really appreciated that you'll be bringing that many saws. They're giving us access to a PA system so that's one less thing to worry about.

:hmm3grin2orange: Something you can bore cut into hardwood and last longer than 10 minutes.

It's really appreciated that you'll be bringing that many saws. They're giving us access to a PA system so that's one less thing to worry about.

When I say racers, I mean guys that wanna race...
May have a truck full of saws...

Great day of fishing hosed the kiddo off she's in the shower after she's in bed it's time to check out a Partner 65

I'm probably in if I can get the wife to go along. I'm sure I can bring several saws. Just a thought, you need a vintage class and maybe 2 man class.
If she's there, I'm there (with my old lady to chaparone of course). :msp_wink:

Vintage class should also include a Mac 600-series saw, chain brake or no chain brake. Heck, my Mac 610 is now 36 years old.

If she's there, I'm there (with my old lady to chaparone of course). :msp_wink:

Vintage class should also include a Mac 600-series saw, chain brake or no chain brake. Heck, my Mac 610 is now 36 years old.

35 is vintage enough for me.

Fished last weekend... but not real seriously...
Got a couple bass and 2 walleye...
Gonna get serious Saturday night...

Well we had a pretty nice day of fishing yesterday, between the two of us we took home 22 crappie. I'd say we through back 8 small one's and probably 4 dozen small bass.

The river has been treating my dad and I quite well so far. Caught a 15lb carp the other night , aside from that been pulling in 3-15lb channel and blue cats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back