Norway Maple problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorytea

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I wrote earlier about the emergence of green leaves on my varigated Norway maple, now another problem has surfaced. The edges have a brown dried up appearance, almost like leaf scorch but there are also round spots further into the leaf, the same color as the "scorch" with some spots turning to holes all the way through the leaf. The spots are small {like # 9 shot} and the "holes" are pinholes. I did not observe any insects. We have had an incredible amt of rain here in CNY- the wettest May in decades and it has rained all this week. I forgot to say, the green leaves, which I have yet to remove, all look healthy. The tree is about 6' high and I moved it 2 years ago because of leaf scorch and put it in a spot where it only gets morning sun. Any ideas? Paul F B

Without a picture it would be hard to say what is happening, but it sounds like anthracnose, little late in the season for it to showing up, but you did mention you had some rainy periods.

I wouldn't worry about myself, it is a disease of the leaf, doesn't really cause harm to the tree itself, just unsightly.

Larry

Latest posts

Back