Norwood LM2000 power load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
206140d1320696426-2011-11-07_14-40-20_804-jpg

Does it run on a rope? It's hard to tell by the picture. It looks similar to the one woodmiser is using with the rope.

Congrats on the new attachment:msp_w00t:. Does it have a speed control? or is it only on and off.

This was initially part of the norwood log loading package that came with the mill when I bought it. I had never used the loading arm in the following pictures because it had a hand winch on it that was painfully slow and miserably difficult to unwind. Today I mounted a $69 harbor freight special to the loading arm and I'll tell you what. It works like a champ! It only has one speed, but it's not too fast. you put the cable under the log then clip it to the bottom of the mill and voila it rolls it right up there for ya! My 4yr old was actually loading logs for me tonight.

normal_110711_005.jpg

normal_110711_006.jpg

Nice. I was thinking it was to run the mill back and forth. I'm sure it will be nicer then a hand crank. I have a 120volt boat winch on my trailer and I've used it to load four foot wide half logs from a Basswood log. Man has it ever paid for itself.

Last edited:
Nice!
If you were to put a sharp hook on it, could you use it to turn the logs once you had sawn one side?

Question:

On the big, really heavy logs, does it make your mill want to come off it's foundation? (Sort of a flip over senario)
How do you keep the cable from just winding up into a big wad? (I keep running into that problem, and was wondering if you have a 'tool' or something)

Thanks for the photo's!
Scott B

I've bee useing my Norwood log loader turner for many years... It makes turning big logs, like this walnut a breeze to turn,

orig.jpg

I could use another Norwood manual winch, if you want to sell your's?

Rob

Question:

On the big, really heavy logs, does it make your mill want to come off it's foundation? (Sort of a flip over senario)
How do you keep the cable from just winding up into a big wad? (I keep running into that problem, and was wondering if you have a 'tool' or something)

Thanks for the photo's!
Scott B

It doesn't attempt to flip the mill because the cable is tethered to the mill on both ends. You pull the cable from the winch over top of the log, around the log, then underneath it. Then clip the cable to the bottom middle of the mill. Then fire up the winch and it rolls the log up the ramps for ya. I should really video this, but I have to work the next 7 nights and need to take a nap. I about popped wood the first time I used it after having some back breaking experiences with some 20"+ red pines the other day. Huge pile of logs, roll the log down the pile, mill is sitting in driveway 18" higher than existing ground, now roll slimy log with bark falling off up 18" sandy incline onto ramps then try to get the log to stop sliding down the ramps... :angry: I can't wait to go back there and try this ##### out:D

Rob, I would sell the winch. I don't know what they go for?

Well, please PM me with a price, and if it's not too high, i'll take it. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, because it for a non sawmill project i have going on...

I don't think you are all that far from me?

Rob

Well, please PM me with a price, and if it's not too high, i'll take it. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, because it for a non sawmill project i have going on...

I don't think you are all that far from me?

Rob

Well where in the "midwest" are you located?

Back