NOS Husky 357XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodrow

Woodrow

ArboristSite Member
New here to AS. First time posting, been a member for about a month and already learned a lot. Have had a few private messages with a couple respected members about porting saws.

Yesterday I made a deal on a NOS Husqvarna 357XP off a dealer on EBAY. It is on the way to me! As they say in the Harley world "let the modding begin"! Pictures to follow when it arrives.

I think I might have contracted CAD.

Teddi

Teddi

ArboristSite Member
I wondered what happened to that saw. I was watching that auction closely and, when it disappeared with 2 days to go I figured someone must have hit the "buy it now" option! Nice grab - that is a beautiful saw.

Woodrow

Woodrow

ArboristSite Member
I wondered what happened to that saw. I was watching that auction closely and, when it disappeared with 2 days to go I figured someone must have hit the "buy it now" option! Nice grab - that is a beautiful saw.
Teddi, All it took was a phone and the deal was done. ;)

paul hill

paul hill

ArboristSite Operative
New here to AS. First time posting, been a member for about a month and already learned a lot. Have had a few private messages with a couple respected members about porting saws.

Yesterday I made a deal on a NOS Husqvarna 357XP off a dealer on EBAY. It is on the way to me! As they say in the Harley world "let the modding begin"! Pictures to follow when it arrives.

I think I might have contracted CAD.

Very nice find.

I got a brand new 357 from a member here a little over a year ago. Sent it to Mastermind to be ported. It's a great size saw with an angry attitude now. A 20 inch bar in hardwood is easy stuff for this saw.
Runs amazing and worth every penny.

I have a second one that's older that I did a base gasket delete and muffler mod with a lot of help from guys here. It turned out very well too. Not near as strong as the ported saw but noticeably stronger than stock.

I bet you'll really like that saw.

Matt81

Matt81

Bliss: Saw full of fuel and yard full of trees!
I only deleted the base gasket and muff modded mine and that gave it a really nasty attitude. John

They are the same mods i did to my newest 346XP NE and the improvement over stock is amazing. Really gets your attention when you use the saw. Makes it a real pleasure to use. :)
Compared to my other older 346XP NE which is completely stock, it has better throttle response and much better torque when buried in wood.

I did have a bit of a thing for the 357XP, but that has been cured by the Wicked Work Saw 550XP i bought recently. The grunt this small, light and nimble 50cc saw has is nothing short of incredible. 357XP? Who needs one? Seriously though, nice find and i am secretly jealous. ;)

Woodrow

Woodrow

ArboristSite Member
Very nice find.

I got a brand new 357 from a member here a little over a year ago. Sent it to Mastermind to be ported. It's a great size saw with an angry attitude now. A 20 inch bar in hardwood is easy stuff for this saw.
Runs amazing and worth every penny.

I have a second one that's older that I did a base gasket delete and muffler mod with a lot of help from guys here. It turned out very well too. Not near as strong as the ported saw but noticeably stronger than stock.

I bet you'll really like that saw.
I am pretty sure this one will be making the trip to Tennessee for the works by Randy or maybe keep it here in Wisconsin to be "Monkeyed". I am curious how the 357 that Scott has coming up will turn out.

I have my 036 Pro that I want Randy to do.

I have a line on a 346xp ne that will be my next purchase and mod. Then there is the search for a 2153, 261, and, and, ........ Lol

stihlaficionado
I am pretty sure this one will be making the trip to Tennessee for the works by Randy or maybe keep it here in Wisconsin to be "Monkeyed". I am curious how the 357 that Scott has coming up will turn out.

I have my 036 Pro that I want Randy to do.

I have a line on a 346xp ne that will be my next purchase and mod. Then there is the search for a 2153, 261, and, and, ........ Lol
Keep up the good work putting $ into the economy:cool: