• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn NOS Poulan 8500 crankcase 530 010748

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on my research these cases would seem to be quite rare so I feel the listed price is fair. Please note your cost in US dollars would be below $100 not including freight. Thanks for the inquiry.

Hey John, Cases came yesterday. I do thank you for that. I am seeing one slight issue though. 3 of the 4 holes that mount the recoil have messed up threads. Not really too excited about putting helicoils in a set of NOS cases.

IMG_3929.jpgIMG_3928.jpgIMG_3927.jpg

Sorry about the thread damage,mia culpa I assumed they were all good based on the fact that they were in sealed bags. Now, you have made 2 assertions here. Assertion 1 they are not NOS. Do you base this on the presence of epoxy in the oil tank? Are you asserting that I did this repair? What other evidence can you provide that these are not in fact new cases.Chain rash? residual oil? Combustion gas stains in the case? Is it not possible that ,given the fact that these would have been a late production run, using casting dies that were close to the end of service that a casting flaw could form and be corrected by the epoxy repair at the factory? Several of the cases that I received have this epoxy repair. Assertion 2. The cases are NO GOOD! How did you determine this without assembling the saw? How do you define "no good"? Non functional ? Unusable ? cosmetics? Based on what evidence ? I understand you are disappointed with the part showing up with the thread damage but claiming dishonesty on my part is unwarranted in my view. How do you wish to resolve this?

OK so update:

I received a MSG from a well known poulan guy. Was told that he has seen instances where they have come with the epoxy from the factory. I was unaware of this as I have some used cases and some NOS cases here and none have that epoxy in them.

As for the bolt holes. I ran a 1/4-20 tap threw them. Was able to get bolts into them but there isnt much material left. They will need helicoils which is what it is I guess.

To address John: I was not blaming you for the "repair" or claiming you did it. It was just there and I was not happy about it until I was reassured that it could have been factory. When you see messed up holes and epoxy you tend to get upset. I am sure they are NOS but with the issues...not what I was expecting. Honestly I am just more mad about having to fix the threads in the cases but it is what it is. I do not think you tried to deceive me or anyone else on purpose. Crap happens. I will respond to the paypal claim and give you half of that back as well. Thank you and sorry for the mess.

Latest posts

Back