NOS seals.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jscb1bb1b

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a dolmar 120si that needs help. I can find NOS seals at chainsawr. Would you use NOS seals or find new? Thanks.

Leary of NOS rubber parts, would really depend on age + condition. Seals installed in a saw and soaked in oil, they'll last nearly forever. In a dry paper envelope, on a dusty shelf, or especially in the sun, toast in fairly short order.

If the seals are still soft and pliable, don't hold an impression when pushed on with a fingernail, return to position when flexed, I'd probably be good with them.

New OEM seal > new major manufacturer dimensionally identical non-OEM seal > NOS seal.

First off I wouldn't buy anything from Chainsawr.

Secondly I would not use 40 year old NOS seals if I could get new seals. Most of the European saws used standard metric seals. Japanese saws too.

I have seen a lot of metric seals have the size stamped right on the seal making new replacements easy to find.

ChainsawR changed hands long ago. Scott sold the business.

Have bought alot back then and even now days. No issues for me.

But if you can get new seals why wouldnt ya over old NOS?

Now if NLA and cant be matched up I could understand.

I mean no clue how old these seals are. But NLA from poulan and still installing with no issues.

psealss.jpg

Back