Not a C faller :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should try coming to the West Coast and getting a timber cutting job:msp_biggrin: I figure you would not last 5 minutes? If you think not, let me know...I can hook you up with a job...we will see how long you last :)

You should try coming to the West Coast and getting a timber cutting job:msp_biggrin: I figure you would not last 5 minutes? If you think not, let me know...I can hook you up with a job...we will see how long you last :)

Screw that guy. . . I wanna go cut with ya next year!! :laugh:

Question about the siswheel cut. Gotta admitt, I've never heard of or seen this tecnique. I've done some timber falling in various parts of western Montana so my sample size is small but watching a few of the videos in this thread and putting 2 and 2 together it looks like a good way to hold a swing tree to the stump. The bore cut on the hold side looks to extend the hinge wood and the angle cut determines how much swing happens before the tree either breaks off the stump or hits the ground before breaking. Pretty interesting.

if i could find his strip i would go try my hand at a little filming of him workin it.

if i could find his strip i would go try my hand at a little filming of him workin it.

*Fraser stalking through the brush during hunting season, gets stopped by a forest cop*

Forest cop: Have any luck?

Fraser: Naw, I still ain't found him.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Patty -- to explain what went down.

Oldtimer smarted off. . . StihlKiwi's comment was a more polite way of saying "shut the ____up".

Nate and I "saw what he did there". Rep ensued.

Hell, that´s some nice portion of crazy sh*t falling. Pretty useable to show uninformed people that anything , even the impossible, can happen when falling-so that the "twice the stand height" is not for keepin´grandma quiet.

And the first one clearly shows why it´s cooler to be a faller than a latte-drinking motorbike poser (probably Hells Angels included)-they can only have wet dreams about the fire wawing all around their machines-but the faller actualy has it for real!

And the first one clearly shows why it´s cooler to be a faller than a latte-drinking motorbike poser (probably Hells Angels included)-they can only have wet dreams about the fire wawing all around their machines-but the faller actualy has it for real!

Dunno about that. Stroll around fire camp after the day shift comes in. Look at the line for the showers. Note the grubby black soot on everybody. Hear the coughing and snorting.

As far as fire wawing, all I could think of was how hot on the face it is is to be that close. I've been on the line (not a faller) when a radio melted. That was when radios were carried on the belt.

Just watched another of Greystoke's vids titled 'urban clearcut'. Very smooth and efficient saw work. Great stuff!

I'm currently up here between Plains and T-Falls. Got about 6" of snow a few days ago which is about 5 weeks earlier than I wanted to see but at least we can start burning some slash.

Nice area down there! Good hunting, too many wolves though.

I burned my pile the night it snowed, best to do it before everything got soaked.

Latest posts

Back