Not an “oil thread” - just an availability question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not answering your question, but wanted to mention that this is oil is highly underated IMHO.
Supertech full synthetic (Wally World).
I've been using it about 3 years in my saws & no gripes.

Used the same brand in my truck for 5 years.
No complaints.
$1 for a 50:1 mix.
Just add less gas for a 40:1.
IMG_20210617_184852.jpg

I am wondering the impact on grease availability due to the fire at the Chemtool plant (Lubizol) , I really like the various Berryman's products, this sucks.

texas winter power outages are still and will continue to cause shortages for quite some time for at least one major oil company (the one my son does sales for). I'm guessing others are in short supply too.

I'll buy it from you if you want to sell.
Let me take inventory.

I burn so little two stroke mix that I use Trufuel now, but still want to keep a couple quarts of two stroke oil on hand just in case. It definitely doesn't have to be MX2T. Care to recommend a replacement?

(NOW it's an oil thread...........)

Edit: I kind of understand how the old guys on American Pickers feel now. That's random junk they haven't used, or looked at, in ten years. If it disappeared by magic, they wouldn't even notice for another ten years. Someone has walked up and made them a cash offer on their junk, and yet they're going "I don't know..........." just based on the idea that it might be special. I burn so little two stroke mix that I switched to Trufuel, and so far love it. I'm never going to use this stuff, but a piece of me still says "well maybe..........." Just stupid.

There are all sorts of headwinds in the refining industry right now. I've heard the company I work for is increasing the prices of their lubricants and greases by 10%.
10% is nothing.

I have parts I quoted for under $3/ea in 2019. Response: No thanks, not competitive. Quoted the same parts to the same customer yesterday for $84/ea. Response: How many more can you get?

We're in for a rough ride.

Back