Not sure which model Partner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almondgt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Would like to know which Partner model this is and if the D009 chainsaw bar will fit this saw. Age of the saw would be nice to know as well. Good runner by the way. The bar on the saw has no helpful markings...........

Attachments

• partnerchainsaw 002.JPG
    partnerchainsaw 002.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 105
  • partnerchainsaw 001.JPG
    partnerchainsaw 001.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 90
That's an r series saw, but I don't know them well enough to confirm the 16 with Keith. I wish I was home... I have a chart showing all the partners of those years and how to tell them apart.

My guess is a R 16 with newer covers.. Mainly because of the older muffler , non antivibe handle and the spark plug boot . I don't think I seen a top cover like that before. To know for sure you have to dig deeper.. Just my 2 cents

My guess is a R 16 with newer covers.. Mainly because of the older muffler , non antivibe handle and the spark plug boot . I don't think I seen a top cover like that before. To know for sure you have to dig deeper.. Just my 2 cents
I don't believe I've ever seen a Partner before, therefore, I have no sense.

I believe the r417 had antivibe handles.. bore size would certainly help narrow it down.. Even a picture of the cylinder

Last nite I read up on the Partner saws. I had no idea! Now I see why they are desired and respected by many on here.

Fits perfectly with my observations.

I believe the r417 had antivibe handles.. bore size would certainly help narrow it down.. Even a picture of the cylinder

True.

I agree.

I'm not really sure of the bar mount pattern of those older Partners, but suspect it is the D005, which has a 9.5 mm slot. You can likely fit a D009 (9 mm) bar, at least if you file the slot just a little wider?

16's (all of the one's I've seen) have two color control switches and I've not seen a CB on a 16 (could be from a later model).

11f3d57ea2550a88a2fe676cd152893b.jpg

4cf78197de7a1530614c70656eb6ecce.jpg

12e06e14a2deecc59d11e9fe210c8c74.jpg

I think 99% of them had red and blue switches.. I was told by an old partner dealer that the earlier 16s had yellow switches.. He believed the red and blue colors were made for the North American market. Whether that's true or not I don't know.. But they do exist
45b14c1f486ca379416543a448dae036.jpg

Weird never seen partners with slide switches like those or one like the op has with what looks to be a removable plug cap cover.
Stranger thing have occured i reckon.i have a 2055 that apparently does and does not exist.:laugh: im sure its a restickered 1655 but ???? Apparently no body knows.

Weird never seen partners with slide switches like those or one like the op has with what looks to be a removable plug cap cover.
Stranger thing have occured i reckon.i have a 2055 that apparently does and does not exist.:laugh: im sure its a restickered 1655 but ???? Apparently no body knows.

2055 is a well known Jonsered model - but I never heard of a Partner 2055.....

Latest posts

Back