Not what I intended...a new 385XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on a really good saw. I love mine. I also came across one at a price I couldn't pass up. Give it time to get broke in. 10 to 15 tanks. It's not the hotrod the 372 is but it is smooth and powerful and handles really nice IMO. A 24 or 28 inch bar is just right in Kentucky hardwood.:greenchainsaw: Put some RSC on it and watch it rip.
Have fun with it.

Scott

Now on the 357xp '02 model if you decide to pull the trigger on that deal make sure you do the intake boot clamp revision (new models use a metal clamp).

Thanks. Aware of the service bulletin for clamp revision and on early 357's to watch for auto decomp and replace. I like my 359 real well so don't plan to go after the 357. If it just keeps setting .....who knows though.

What a deal!
I paid 919.00 before taxes, bars, chains, and files for my 385!
I also paid 700.00 for the 357 before taxes, chains, and oil.
My dealer must be ripping me off!

If you never ran a saw that size before put on a damn helmet and hang on!:chainsawguy:

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to local dolmar and husky dealer to do some haggling on a new 7900 or 372XP. Got a price of $722 for 7900 with 20 in bar and $749 and $809 for 2 different 372XP's with 20 in bars. Decided to try another dealer farther away and brought home a new 385XP for $699 with 24 in bar, 1 skip chain, 1 standard chain and some husky leather gloves.

Although not what I intended, I thought this was to good a deal to pass up. Maybe later I can add a 7900. Looking forward to putting the 385 to work tomorrow.

Didn't get much for pics in the dark, but attached are a few.

and i thought i got good prices!

you caught them having a good day i guess.guys wife must have been extra friendly that morning.

Sweet and sweet! Great deal on the 385 man. Wish i hadnt traded mine in on the 372 that i got now. Really miss that saw.:givebeer:

Les

Latest posts

Back